Fishing Report Pt Bruce Pier.

Trevor M

Made my way to the pier in Bruce this morning. Line in the water by 7:30, home by 1, so that in and of itself should tell you something ;). Was hoping that the pattern of the past 4 years (at least) would be broken, but nope, recent memory tells me that today was just a typical day from the pier in Pt Bruce during the second week of July, which may mean that window of opportunity to catch perch in size and numbers from the pier is closing, as it always seems to do right about now, if it hasn't already closed. Only saw one worth keeping today, (I didn't catch it) plus 10 itty bitty ones, and a couple small smallies others had caught before I got there.

I didn't get skunked, but I also didn't catch anything really worth talking about today :ROFLMAO: 1 small sheephead, 1 itty bitty perch, and for the first time this year, a gobie double header:banghead:. But, I kind of expected it to be like that so I wasn't surprised, but I also wasn't disappointed since what I expected, is pretty much what I got. (Still had a good day, even if it wasn't what I was hoping for;))

Made my way to the pier in Bruce this morning. Line in the water by 7:30, home by 1, so that in and of itself should tell you something ;). Was hoping that the pattern of the past 4 years (at least) would be broken, but nope, recent memory tells me that today was just a typical day from the pier in Pt Bruce during the second week of July, which may mean that window of opportunity to catch perch in size and numbers from the pier is closing, as it always seems to do right about now, if it hasn't already closed. Only saw one worth keeping today, (I didn't catch it) plus 10 itty bitty ones, and a couple small smallies others had caught before I got there.

I didn't get skunked, but I also didn't catch anything really worth talking about today :ROFLMAO: 1 small sheephead, 1 itty bitty perch, and for the first time this year, a gobie double header:banghead:. But, I kind of expected it to be like that so I wasn't surprised, but I also wasn't disappointed since what I expected, is pretty much what I got. (Still had a good day, even if it wasn't what I was hoping for;))

Thanks for report Trevor. You are always willing to give info good or bad. Hope it will plck up again for you. Always enjoy your posts ?

Forgot to mention that the commercial tugs were really really close in hugging the shoreline, and one was just barely beyond Waneeta.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks