Productive day for not fishin

Trevor M

So my wife and I didn't make it down to Pt Bruce today for fries, a burger, a walk or to fish as I had indicated might happen in another thread. We did however make our way out to the west end of the city and while we were out there, I stopped in at Lambeth Rod and Tackle.

A couple weeks ago, after seeing me not getting very many minnows with my little 4x4 minnow net, one of the gentlemen I've sat and fished/shot the breeze with for a few years now on the pier showed up the next time I was there, and gave me a 6x6 frame he made that had only been used once. All I had to do was find the net. I couldn't find one anywhere, so on a whim, because we were out in that end of the city, and because I hadn't been in yet this year, we stopped and I went in to see Steve, told him what I was looking for and he said he thought he had one, went over to where I'd just been standing and didn't see what I was looking for, and pulled out a 6x6 mesh net.:D

Thanks Steve. Hopefully now that I have it, the minnows will be easier to catch, and the perch will cooperate a little more than they did last week.

After that we made our way to St Thomas, picked up something my parents had for us, then got groceries at the Superstore there.
They couldn't get any fresh perch but she said she thinks it's about $15/pound when she can, and I took this picture. Works out to $17/pound. ( Divide the price/kg by 2.2 to convert the price from per KG to per LB.

Attachments

• Ouch.jpg
    Ouch.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I need to make it down there some day. So many on here sing high praise of Steve and the shop.

Too bad it's so far from here.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks