Prime Rib

Had the other P R steak tonight.

The Wife cooked it.

She absolutely mastered the cook, above my cook the other day.

I am crushed. :oops::cry:😔 🌻

I am planning on smoking a prime rib on Sunday, using my Bradley, any suggestions for a rub? And a marinade to soak it in prior to the cook.
When I was working in the restaurants we never marinated a prime rib. We kept it relatively simple when it came to seasoning, a couple shots of Lea and Perrins, season salt, a little pepper, and then rub a light coating of dijon mustard mixed with fresh finely minced garlic, and some rosemary. We'd put the roast on a bed of carrots, onions and celery to add to the flavor of the au jus and gravy we'd make using the drippings. (We'd also add some red wine to the au jus and bring it to a boil to burn off the alcohol content before adding the au jus to it.) but we were also doing 3-4 full prime rib at a time every 2 days. It was a popular menu item.

I've never thought about dry-aging beef at home.... thanks for the inspiration and I'll have to read up on it!
UMai bags are a must if just using a fridge and they work awesome. You can’t just age beef in the bag it came in.

I used a wine fridge that was about 4 feet tall with glass door. Inserted large computer fan in it to keep air circulating and set it at 3 degrees. Air circulation is pretty important. But OMG. It turned 10 dollar steaks into 40 dollar works of art.

if it’s truly dry aged, expect to loose 40 percent of the weight to pelicose and “dehydration”.

I found 6 weeks was perfect for time for beef. But omg. Duck done in dry aging or goose for a week???? Earthshaking.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks