Posting Photos Revisited - From Phone direct to 6-8

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
I spent a few hours with some Channel 6-8 users on the way to and from the Detroit River. They shared with me some suggestions for improving the site. Uploading photos remains a problem, so I put together the instructions below to, hopefully, make it easier to get photos from your phone to Channel 6-8. I've seen elsewhere that users of this forum software have had similar problems. Most confusing is the "image" button, which is NOT the button you want to use to upload pictures from your phone. Here are the instructions to post photos direct from phone to 6-8:
  1. Click the 'Post New Thread' button.
    Screenshot_20170414-080243.jpg

2. At the bottom of the screen, click the 'Upload a photo'
    button.

Screenshot_20170414-080341.jpg

3. Use the file browser on your phone/computer to pick photos/files to upload (Android/Samsung browser shown)
    Screenshot_20170414-090349.jpg

4. Once you've uploaded all your photos, position your cursor where you want the photo to appear in your thread, and then push either the "Thumbnail" or "Full Image" to place the your photos in your post.
    Screenshot_20170414-092736.jpg

5. Make your report public by clicking the "Create Thread" button.
    Screenshot_20170414-093532.jpg
Here's a video that shows the above process. Note that the video shows the "Upload a File" button, which I've renamed to "Upload a Photo" on my site.

Here's a link to a post with instructions on how to include Photobucket-stored photos in your posts:
http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-post-pictures.24217/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170414-080715.jpg
    Screenshot_20170414-080715.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Another outstanding job!! That saves the hassle I have when trying to upload from Photobucket using IPhone. You're the best hi-tech guru, now lets catch some fish.

I've noticed that many more photos are now being included in fishing reports, which is really good to see. To save a step for those viewing your photos, you can include the photos directly in your thread by following this step:

Once you've uploaded all your photos, position your cursor where you want the photo to appear in your thread, and then push either the "Thumbnail" or "Full Image" to place the your photos in your post.
index.php

I have noticed with the recent update that I now have to shrink my phone photo size (typically 1-1.5mb) on my laptop, before posting onto here now. I cant post direct anymore, what is the new size limit for pictures?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks