Fishing Report posting fishing reports with videos

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
when stomp made some upgrade changes to the site, he mentioned about the option to upload fishing videos from our cell phones to the site..remembering our samsung phones are video capable...it sounded like a fun idea taking fishing action videos...especially when we were going saltwater fishing
and after my girlfriend has taken numerous short fishing videos out on our fishing trips...we are not capturing all of the video imaging like what we are seeing, which is a bummer, close to the boat is pretty good, beyond that and its not all there...the audio microphone is picking up some of the sound..for example like the screaming drag...but its missing back ground action noise too..

I don't feel theres much encouragement to add fishing action videos using the cell phone and with using the MP4 video player option to our fishing reports...for one there needs to be a zoom option and a slow motion option to really pick up the fishing action footage...we tried taking and loading longer videos and forget it..

I think if they come out with a quality video camera that is fitted on your forehead like a headlamp for self filming...that might work better..is there a fixed video camara for self filming..and make improvements with MP4 player to MP5...lol

I know were going to have some big bows doin cartwheels & back flips right at the boat come june...i would like to get decent videos with..

Last edited:
Sounds like you need a Gopro. I'm not very techy but not sure on the zooming capabilities.

Can you post a sample video @SonsofFishes

I would be interested in how good they work...for taking fishing and hunting action videos...

I dont like how this vid plays in the above post . Would run smooth if i put it through Utube and provided the link but it shows the vid quality . I love the gopros for vid quality . You would have to get extra batteries at $30 ea and you cant cheap out on the SD card or it won`t work properly .

Thanks for your effort on loading your fishing video @SonsofFishes ...yes the picture imaging is good quality...nice northern waters your fishing...

Red, That was Red Cedar Lake north of Lake Nipissing . Beautiful , quiet and only seen a handfull of boats the whole week we were there .

Red Cedar is a nice lake @SonsoFishes. I spent a couple of weeks there on one of our many Ontario near north family vacations years ago. The video quality is very good and thanks for sharing! ??

@SonsofFishes When I get the time when I get home I will research the gopro video equipment and figure out if it will work for me self filming my outdoors...you mentioned you have the headstrap..it would be interesting to know how the function to activate the camera to start & stop it...is it fairly user friendly to operate? Ya waterproof is a good feature..and the picture quality is high end.. sure the prices are too...I can see me getting use out of one.

@sterlingz I heard there is some there , one day we covered an area that was showing some big fish hugging bottom , I had my suspicions they were lakers , everything else we marked were suspended . We caught 1 walleye , afew bass and a few small pike. Fishing wise was a bad week , just being there was tops .

@mick Refering to the Hero 5 the voice function works great as long as your facing the mic . When strapped on your head it wont but I never tried screaming at it . lol Its easy to use , just have to go thru the menus and get used to whats there . When powering it on it is in the mode last used . I just keep it set on video . not to often I use it for still shots ( no zoom ) . Itll also pair up with your bluetooth cell phone and control it from there . If putting the gopro in water when paired you will loose connection . I was hopin for a wireless fish finder but of course that idea wasnt going to work . It has pretty decent under water vid quality , I use it on a telescopic golf ball retriever for underwater shots . Got a homemade rig for an ice fishing hole , mount it on a RC truck, had it on an RC plane , and mount them on my helmet and snowblades when winter vacationing .
I get lots of use out of them . Love em

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks