Off Topic Possible frost tonight... Well at least in London area

So if it doesn’t kill powdery mildew, do tell how it magically disappears and doesn’t start growing again after treating plants with potassium bicarbonate?

A huge number of vegetable and weed growers across North America use potassium bicarbonate because it both kills and prevents farther growth. Could also explain why it’s the main “killing ingredient” in some fungicides?

As for effecting taste, tons of people are well aware that simple rain or a garden hose rinses away the stuff.

Do you own stocks in some fungicide company?
Screen recording of government of Canada app for registered pesticides and fungicides, search the crop you grow up comes the registered products for those crops. I searched Cannabis in the recording to show the few products that are registered, out of them the potassium bicarbonate is likely the most effective for in my experience, cyclone works too but these products require repeated applications up until harvest
Where as a non registered product such as Nova will rid mildew with only one or two applications. But you cannot apply that to cannabis legally. I have experience using it on other crops for mildew
View attachment IMG_2056.MP4

@Derkd9 I figured that's where you worked lol not to many greenhouses in southwold and that one keeps Getting bigger and bigger lol..... So @Derkd9 knows what he's talking about.

@Derkd9 I figured that's where you worked lol not to many greenhouses in southwold and that one keeps Getting bigger and bigger lol..... So @Derkd9 knows what he's talking about.
Yah that’s the one
I feel like there might be some confusion with @ch312
Or maybe he just doesn’t like me.
I never said it doesn’t work
Just not that well, spray it til your blue in the face I even tried to help someone find where to purchase potassium bicarbonate

no I don’t own stocks in Milstop rivalry fungicide company.
My suggestion is to grow resistant varieties
If you don’t want to switch up to resistant variety because you are growing your favorite one but the mildew loves it spray potassium bicarbonate and that cyclone and whatever one you can find that is available to the general public that is registered for use on cannabis. rotate the sprays but you be spraying likely all fall up until harvest we live in southern Ontario unless you going to kill all the mildew in your neighbourhood it will eventually come back.

Little late to the hippy hay party, but I have used and am still using 30% milk 70% water and foliar sprayed every couple days, or as needed depending on rains. It does a fairly good job of keeping powder mildew from getting a firm hold on the plants ( I have one that is very susceptible right now and I am winning, only 1 small bud removed from plant and no more signs since regular spraying). Adding milk spray makes the plant surface more alkaline then what mildew needs to thrive. No toxic residue when harvested and a good rinse with hose or sprinkler before chopping will remove most of the dried on milk.

I read on line a diluted cider vinegar may slow it down...... and the hippy dippy girl at the health food store ( who appears to be an expert ;) ) suggested neem oil?

I read on line a diluted cider vinegar may slow it down...... and the hippy dippy girl at the health food store ( who appears to be an expert ;) ) suggested neem oil?
Good luck finding neem oil now. usually $5/6oz at india grocery store (we use it for dogs skin) but everyone is sold out. supply issue probably covids fault, but thought that would be more a safe pesticide. New to outdoors and has been dry so never thought of moulds guess i better watch for that.

I would not be spraying neem oil on flowers, up and until but not after.

If one were looking for it for other applications , I would try black swallow in brantford.

Thieves are far worse than any disease that effects your plants, I hate Thieves!
Had mine stolen last night
Any one can grow now and some are just too lazy!

Thieves are far worse than any disease that effects your plants, I hate Thieves!
Had mine stolen last night
Any one can grow now and some are just too lazy!
I work with someone who had theirs stolen almost a month ago, plants weren’t even really flowering yet. What a stupid waste!

I had one stolen last year right around now. Happened the night before I left to head north.

I've been using a 1/4 teaspoon. baking soda with 500ml water in a spray bottle to keep it at bay the last two yrs. Is this not ok?

I've been using a 1/4 teaspoon. baking soda with 500ml water in a spray bottle to keep it at bay the last two yrs. Is this not ok?
It’s just fine if it works for you.

So
Baking soda has sodium, were the other has not.

Salt and plants are not friends.
Sodium and plants don’t mix well
But on the leaves if it isn’t burning should be okay.
I’m done telling people something they do isn’t good because you get rediculed. If it works for him spray it til your blue in the face
It should work the same way potassium bicarbonate works. But if too much the sodium can and will burn you

I appreciate the reply. I was asking for a reason. Only my second year trying this. The baking soda seems to work but I have to re-apply and for sure it can burn them. The edges of the leaves got burn pretty good on one but I avoided the buds and all looks good there.

After finally reading this thread I wondered what you thought about it that's all.

I appreciate the reply. I was asking for a reason. Only my second year trying this. The baking soda seems to work but I have to re-apply and for sure it can burn them. The edges of the leaves got burn pretty good on one but I avoided the buds and all looks good there.

After finally reading this thread I wondered what you thought about it that's all.
If you can get to Ontario grower supply in London
Buy the potassium bicarbonate
Safer alternative for your plants

Well it's sad the way this thread has devolved into butt hurts and name calling but it still has some good information so rather than just locking it down or deleting it all together, we're deleting some of the unnecessary crap and see where it goes from here. It's far too early for winternet to start. If anyone has any concerns with this approach feel free to PM the mods and we'll reconsider our idea of leaving the thread open.

Anyone else getting purple In their plants due to the cold night temps? One of mine that had some coloration is now completely dark purple on the top side of leaves and outside of the buds. An old trick some indoor growers use is to significantly drop grow room temps with an AC unit to bring out the deep purple for bag appeal.

Wet trimmed another and washed it yesterday and it still amazes me every time how dirty the plants can really be despite looking clean. Dust, a few bugs, and even a few spiders were in the bottom of the rinsing bucket afterwards.

Have any of you tried water curing some bud? You lose some colour and roughly 30% weight, but it’s worth the effort. Submerge in room temp water (I use mason jars) and change the water each day for a week then hang as usual with adequate airflow. Much smoother smoke with far less contaminants....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks