Off Topic Port Stanley Question

good photo red herring of the nuisance geese and dock..

$30 wow.. I put in a green $20 in the pay box.. I guess I got a bargin...ya my receipt says autos only...lol

I won't be launching there again..I will go back to stans with my rubber boots...water is still on the high side to launch there..but doable
At least the water isn’t as high now as it was back on May 27/19,(photo),when I went for a leisurely drive that day to look around the area.The parking at Stans marina can be tricky due to the lack of not enough parking there,but the price is right,and you are protected from the winds off Lake Erie.

Attachments

• 65653C87-10EA-4ECA-A9DD-B032D4719715.jpeg
    65653C87-10EA-4ECA-A9DD-B032D4719715.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
yes red herring the water level has receded ...still needs to come down a little more when i checked it out sunday am

yes stans has been good to me over the years too..I also got a little ob service done right & for a decent price and ordered in motor parts & supplies too.. just to mention when i started.. i use to dock my boat for the season at dempseys marina starting out as a sport fisherman in 85..stayed at our familys owned summer cottage on edith cavell for many years..I can still remember attending the monster bash at the stork club before it burned down...

Stans rate is S16 for the first 20 feet. $1 per foot after that. Includes parking.
New pier is $30 flat rate includes ramp and parking for the vehicle and trailer. hope this helps.
Public ramp is $20 flat rate NOT $30
I use this ramp alll the time and have no issues

Thanks for that turtle. I talked to Dave about Stan's rate. The other info I obtained from the Central Elgin web site. Haven't used that ramp. Last time was there it was free and covered in coal. Looks good now.

I called the Central Elgin office today to get the price for the ramp and parking. It is $20 for parking, the ramp is free. Hope this helps.

Fyi if your boat is decent size with fairly high top you may not get under bridge It opens every half hour

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks