Fishing Report Port Stanley Jul 28pm... wind reports are useless!

CourtLund

0.3 ft my @ss! LOL. After 1.5hr drive to Stanley I was not impressed to see white caps from the parking lot. We made the decision to motor out anyway. Pretty rough for my 17’ Lund. Made it out to 58fow soaking wet and sore backs from the pounding. Trolled for an hour south to 64fow with no fish. Just ran 2 lead and 2 riggers. Too rough for the boards. Turned west with the waves, then started catching. 8 of 12 fish came of a purple harness down 40’ on the rigger. Nothing on spoons and only 2 of a RRF. Lost many fish on the way in as the waves kept putting slack in the line. Lots of fish on the screen from 58-64fow. Still feeling the waves this morning LOL....

0.3 ft my @ss! LOL. After 1.5hr drive to Stanley I was not impressed to see white caps from the parking lot. We made the decision to motor out anyway. Pretty rough for my 17’ Lund. Made it out to 58fow soaking wet and sore backs from the pounding. Trolled for an hour south to 64fow with no fish. Just ran 2 lead and 2 riggers. Too rough for the boards. Turned west with the waves, then started catching. 8 of 12 fish came of a purple harness down 40’ on the rigger. Nothing on spoons and only 2 of a RRF. Lost many fish on the way in as the waves kept putting slack in the line. Lots of fish on the screen from 58-64fow. Still feeling the waves this morning LOL....

Story of my life man. I've been filming fishing TV content for 16 years and I can't tell you how many times they've blown the forecast. I'll have $600 invested in two boats, two trucks and their gas, (camera boat and TV boat) and paying camera guys etc etc etc. then we show up and it's a shit show. It's super awesome too when you're trying to get footage that isn't shaky. It is what it is though. Glad you guys got into some fish despite the wind.

That’s why I went shopping last night instead of venturing out there
I knew it would be Un comfortable

It was 0.1m forecast for Port Glasgow and I am pretty sure we were on at least 1.5 footers with 2.5-3 footers passing by quite frequently. Which is why again I stay out of the lake IF the forecast says 1+ft ...

I was in same situation in burwell. Some 3’s in there after lunch. Pulled the pin with 8 eyes. Can’t win all the time i guess

Yah windy was wrong last night
But the weather network marine forecast was spot on.. was matching what the weather buoy was reporting.

And the weather network said a slight increase at 5pm
That actually happened at 4pm out at the buoy..
glad I took a pass… my friend really wanted to go. But 🤞 for Saturday morning

But the weather network marine forecast was spot on.. was matching what the weather buoy was reporting.

Unfortunately Sat. isn't looking all that great either Derk. However, Mon., Tues., Wed. and Thurs. is looking great for us retirees. 😜
Maybe you can get out for a few evenings of fishing next week hopefully. :)

Took the boat and my fishing partner to point peele in the am yesterday. Strolled around till lunch. Thought about launching in lemington. As the west side of pelee was mostly flat. But never fished that area and it looks mostly shallow on navionics.
Lots of trucks and empty boat trailers at Wheatley. But the lake looked rough there even tho the windmills on shore were stopped. Plus my wife had another zoom meeting to finish before we could go out.
Was hoping it would calm down as the afternoon progressed so we puttered along Cabot trail east, stopping in each port for a bit along the way to have a look.
Eventually Got to Stanley. Watched a couple guys try and go out in a 17-18ft aluminum and they turned around just past the pier and came back. Then four younger guys launched a 18ft legend with 8 rods ready to go. But I didn’t stick around to see how far they got. Was about a dozen trucks and empty trailers in the lot. So some brave souls were out there.
Lots of white caps out on the lake. But the winds did not seam like they matched the waves.
Got to Burwell around 6:30. Was still looking like 3 ft rs with white caps. So decided to head home.

Great day for a road trip.
No so much for a boat trip.

Monday ???? 🤞 I think it’s a holiday day tho?

Took the boat and my fishing partner to point peele in the am yesterday. Strolled around till lunch. Thought about launching in lemington. As the west side of pelee was mostly flat. But never fished that area and it looks mostly shallow on navionics.
Lots of trucks and empty boat trailers at Wheatley. But the lake looked rough there even tho the windmills on shore were stopped. Plus my wife had another zoom meeting to finish before we could go out.
Was hoping it would calm down as the afternoon progressed so we puttered along Cabot trail east, stopping in each port for a bit along the way to have a look.
Eventually Got to Stanley. Watched a couple guys try and go out in a 17-18ft aluminum and they turned around just past the pier and came back. Then four younger guys launched a 18ft legend with 8 rods ready to go. But I didn’t stick around to see how far they got. Was about a dozen trucks and empty trailers in the lot. So some brave souls were out there.
Lots of white caps out on the lake. But the winds did not seam like they matched the waves.
Got to Burwell around 6:30. Was still looking like 3 ft rs with white caps. So decided to head home.

Great day for a road trip.
No so much for a boat trip.

Monday ???? 🤞 I think it’s a holiday day tho?

That was the worst part. Right at the pier. It was really choppy along with the rollers. I never actually felt it was unsafe, just uncomfortable...

Was out of Burwell yesterday, at noon boats were coming in 18 to 20 footers, one guy laughed at me and my wife and said you're going out in that? 15' legend angler, we went out anyway, 5 hours later, sore back and soaking wet we came in with a couple of nice fish, one lost, a couple of small returns and 1 sheep. Still wouldn't have got my PB so even though Windy said .3 to .0 wave height, was more like 1.3 to 2.3' and still managed well. Caught everything on purple.

Hoping to go out to Glasgow early Saturday morning too... fingers crossed! All the forecasts seem to show that as the window but who knows these days - will only know that morning :LOL:

Unfortunately Sat. isn't looking all that great either Derk. However, Mon., Tues., Wed. and Thurs. is looking great for us retirees. 😜
Looks like I'm going to be in meetings all day on Tuesday 😃 with a client named walleye or is it pickerel 🤔 eh don't mater what name
I canceled my meeting with Mr sheephead hoping Mr rainbow will be ok with short notice meeting

Keep rubbing it in just remember you might need us non retirees to help you with your walker at the boat ramp someday lol

Looks like I'm going to be in meetings all day on Tuesday 😃 with a client named walleye or is it pickerel 🤔 eh don't mater what name
I canceled my meeting with Mr sheephead hoping Mr rainbow will be ok with short notice meeting
Love it
I miss the 🌈 haven’t showed up to any of my outings the last few times 😢

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks