PORT STANLEY FISHING REPORT SAT AM (SORTA)

Get Hooked

Took a drive down the Ramp at 930a. It was 24C with nice breeze off the Lake (felt good to be alive). Only 1 Boat out. Noticed that since the new dock was put in, water level appears to be higher.

There were 2 Tugs working less than a mile off the OWRC and also saw one there at first of the week. Wonder what their after. Perch or Walleye?

There have been both Walleye and perch nets in relatively shallow water out there recently. Tried to head west the trip before last and it was just nets everywhere, every which way....14 fishing tugs out of one port is nuts! And it's a serious hazard in low light or reduced visibility, one tiny stick at each end of a huge net is not sufficient IMO.

Josh

At 715a this morning I was back down at the Port Stanley Ramp. The Lake was flat and a nice cool 18C. Finally a break from the brutal humidity. Only 4 boats out.

There again to East off the OWRC was Weaver's Tug working for Perch. I am sure they are not setting their nets just for a few pounds. With all the disappointing Perch catches this past May (with sum exceptions) that was Posted on Stomps I expected to see some anglers trying their luck. If anybody plans on heading there remember there are no minnows to be had in the St. Thomas or Port Stanley area.

You can go for Walleye anytime but not so for Perch.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks