Port Maitland Walleye

Fish-Hawk4

Heading out fishing, from Burlington, with my 2 yutes tomorrow morning.

Plan on heading to Burwell, but Maitland is closer. Are there limit worthy numbers in Maitland yet??

I leaving Burlington too fish-hawk 4
You should be able to get your limit from Nanticoke . That’s were I’m heading tomorrow

I talk to the fellas at bills bait often who frequent maitland area. They been bagging 2&3 man limits 40-50fow off worm harness. Strait Out front of river mouth and infront Mohawk. 1st couple hrs of day light and last couple hrs of light been a crazy bite they tell me. Keeping the baits in the 20-30ft range. Sounds like every where's on Erie, you just have to be in to win.
Best of luck to you.

I talk to the fellas at bills bait often who frequent maitland area. They been bagging 2&3 man limits 40-50fow off worm harness. Strait Out front of river mouth and infront Mohawk. 1st couple hrs of day light and last couple hrs of light been a crazy bite they tell me. Keeping the baits in the 20-30ft range. Sounds like every where's on Erie, you just have to be in to win.
Best of luck to you.
Thanks Six Grand. I was at Bill’s yesterday and we were discussing Burwell. At the time I didn’t even think to ask about Maitland...

Out at Naticoke now. Lines in For about an hour so far no takers.

Prob two dozen boats out around the shoal, well scattered.

Waves about 1.5ft. Wind west and moderate to light

Saw one guy out here in a larg kayak.

First one at 65FOW greesy chicken dipsy on 1 with 60ft of braid out.

Hey fireram. We got 10 walleye , one laker and 6 silver bass near that kayak .Fished between 50-60 ft. Couldn’t catch a fish on a dipsy today

Hey fireram. We got 10 walleye , one laker and 6 silver bass near that kayak .Fished between 50-60 ft. Couldn’t catch a fish on a dipsy today
We ended up going to Long Point. On the water by 9am. 8 walleye, 4 Bow, 2 Silver. Had riggers, dispseys, and 5 colour LC going. LC and dipseys were the busiest. worm harness and RR gold/black on fire. Spoons were slow.

Sweet, we must have been circling each other all day. I only had dipsy set up. Late afternoon I spooled up a reel I had in the boat with some led, and managed to catch one, but had several hits on a worm harness about 6 colors out. The dipsy started producing as well after 3pm.

We started east of the shoal, finished in the afternoon west of the shoal.

Heard someone report on the radio they were at 90FOW and were not getting any, so I stayed shallower, but next time id like to go deeper and try for some rainbows.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks