Fishing Report Port Maitland Aug 1

gilfisher

Got a late start this morning due to a late Friday night 😯..anyway got lines in 10am in a nasty east wind started SE of port and trolled west on the pipelines with the waves to keep good boat control in 72fow..it didn't take long for the the lines to start firing. We were marking lots of bait and fish closer to bottom so we ran lines down 55 to 65ft. We ended up going 4 for 6 on the eyes and lost a double digit coho at back of boat as soon as it seen the net it had other plans it got airborne and broke me off with my harness as a souvenir 😡..but was a good fight.😃 We packed it in 12ish after getting caught up in debris field of weeds etc it seemed to go on forever plus moma was getting a little green from the waves. Best colours were bbq chicken and nascar copper backing . The eyes were between 3 to 5lbs..oh almost forgot the one eye had all these gross wart things all over it all the size of small grapes 🤮..didn't not get a pic of it just wanted it out of my boat as per moma 🤣..I've seen that before...anyway I believe the migrating fish are starting to show up. It will only get better now 👍🍻20200801_135006.jpg20200801_155025.jpg

Got a late start this morning due to a late Friday night 😯..anyway got lines in 10am in a nasty east wind started SE of port and trolled west on the pipelines with the waves to keep good boat control in 72fow..it didn't take long for the the lines to start firing. We were marking lots of bait and fish closer to bottom so we ran lines down 55 to 65ft. We ended up going 4 for 6 on the eyes and lost a double digit coho at back of boat as soon as it seen the net it had other plans it got airborne and broke me off with my harness as a souvenir 😡..but was a good fight.😃 We packed it in 12ish after getting caught up in debris field of weeds etc it seemed to go on forever plus moma was getting a little green from the waves. Best colours were bbq chicken and nascar copper backing . The eyes were between 3 to 5lbs..oh almost forgot the one eye had all these gross wart things all over it all the size of small grapes 🤮..didn't not get a pic of it just wanted it out of my boat as per moma 🤣..I've seen that before...anyway I believe the migrating fish are starting to show up. It will only get better now 👍🍻View attachment 25618View attachment 25619
Nice fishin gilfisher. Were you using Dipsies or riggers. Thanks Walleyeman. Yes- Nice to see the fish showing up in the East end!

Nice fishin gilfisher. Were you using Dipsies or riggers. Thanks Walleyeman. Yes- Nice to see the fish showing up in the East end!
Yes it's promising for us in the east....I use dipsy..#3 setting out 158ft and 108ft #1 setting ...troll speed 1.5to 1.75 mph on graph ..they generally run 55 to 65 ft down depending on currents etc..but adjust accordingly to conditions

Nice! We decided to forgo today due to the weather and took the other toy for a cruise to Point Abino/Crystal Beach. Got rained on in the convertable with the top down. Bad weather got us anyways.

Way to go Dave, did you happen to see the nets out at the fingers or maybe they moved them.
When I was out there Thurs. the weeds where all over the place had to keep checking lines. I just fished the riggers with Gold Red Fins tried harnesses no go. but then again I only got the 1 Walleye.

Way to go Dave, did you happen to see the nets out at the fingers or maybe they moved them.
When I was out there Thurs. the weeds where all over the place had to keep checking lines. I just fished the riggers with Gold Red Fins tried harnesses no go. but then again I only got the 1 Walleye.

What are the fingers that I keep reading about?

Mind you this is an old chart and it's in feet, got it from a old commercial fisherman.
gUqvEz1.jpg

I didn't see the nets but I was just north of the fingers..and ya I ran into a debris field of weeds and shit..was massive everywhere you looked shit everywhere..that's when I pulled lines up cause i couldn't keep stuff off my lines..plus the lake was rocking 😯

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks