Port Glasgow Wednesday Morning.

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Well I took out my youngest son Derek and his buddy Jessie for a peaceful morning fish. I started off going west where I have been getting a steady diet of Walleye's the past few days. The water temps are screwed up again from yesterdays storm and wind. Marked lots of fish going west but they had lock jaw. Why don't the sheep head ever get lock jaw. Pulled up the riggers and brought in the boards and made a run east of port for a few miles. Sheep were following us. The screen was full of big fish that would not bite then all of a sudden the lock jaw was cured. Bows were hitting fast and furious. Pink panties in iredecent was the go to lure. I just finished putting a bow in the box and was resetting the pink panties down to 40 feet. I turned to put a couple other riggers down to 40 feet but as soon as I turned the pink panties exploded with a 10 pound bow jumping right behind the boat. 61 fow was the place just east of Port. We were putting the bows back in as I have a ton in the freezer already. Any badly hurt bows had to go in the cooler. We picked up a nice wally on the taildancer 30 feet down or 175 feet behind the boat off the planer. We had to keep 4 bows. I gave 2 bows to Stuart at the Marina and gave the other 2 to a couple of neighbors when I got home. It was a fun and relaxing day off for me. It makes a world of differance when the other people on the boat are old hats at this type of fishing and I did not even break out a sweat today until we got back to port.
004.jpg

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks