Port Glasgow Tuesday evening

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Ran the first evening charter of the season with John and his 2 buddies. Found the bows back out deep due to high winds yesterday in 68 fow. Fish were taken with both 10 colour as well as riggers down 25,30,35 and 40 feet. Some fish off the sliders. Any colour worked. Only 3 farm animals but try as I might could not find any Walters. The boys had a blast trying to land the steelies that took the leadcore. We only boated 6 but had the hooks in many ,many more. Back at the dock at 9:00 PM. The flies were the worst my ankles felt in years, and stupid me, I had shorts on and should have known better. The new "Whale Bone II" is having prop issues just like the original "Whale Bone" When the gas tank is full (102 gallons) and there is more than 3 bodies on board she does not want to plane. I will have to try out a few props to solve the issue.
IMGP1296.jpg

Great catch Wayne ,,Don't catch all the fish in Port Glasgow before you take us on a charter next Sat morning LOL

John R

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks