Port Glasgow Today

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Darren and myself arrived at Port Glasgow at daylight only to be met by choppy seas not to my liking for an enjoyable morning. I watched one boat go out slowly which was bobbing up and down like a cork and thought gee that don't look like fun to me. So after checking the weather app again to find the wind was only going to increase even more throughout the morning. :meh: I think that's the first time I've had to cancel a trip in at least the last 10 years but retirement allows me to wait for a better day. There is a slight positive from this morning... no fish to clean, boat still full of gas and a $15 launch fee still in my wallet. ;) :)

Last edited:
You are right waverunner that chop kinda takes the fun out of fishing. As usual you have a positive spin on not getting out. It has been a great year on erie this summer i hope to get one more trip

@Wave Runner , my neighbour and I were out with @scoop, a friend of both of ours for some "fun fishing" yesterday.

We got the crap kicked out of us going out and coming back in, lol, I'm still sore today, but it was a great day on the water.

Glenn found fish, put them in the boat, and then used our morning on the water, to make the difference in an afternoon charter when it really mattered.

You made a good choice.

I was out there yesterday with my wife, (of course we were late getting going) was okay mid morning but by noon we were bouncing around pretty good. We had to go deep to find them but once we did it didn't take more then 1.5 hours to limit out, tough grind to start though.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks