Fishing Report Port Glasgow June 4th Morning

Another great post again as always @Wave Runner ??? & of course,thanks for sharing your fish catching tragedy yesterday with Darren.You both were sooo close to limiting out between the two of you,but again,it’s not always about limiting out on whatever species of fish that you are targeting that day,but basically being outdoors to enjoy the sport of fishing,which has always been my top priority for me at least anyways.Good to read that you are starting to catch them on the Ripplin Redfin’s,for if I remember that last year you had a harder time catching walleye’s on any type of “hard baits” and mini spoons were working for you a lot better then and still now. It’s also nice to know that the walleye’s are quite shallow & perhaps a kayak might do it for me to get out there,(I need the upper body workout-lol :ROFLMAO::D) to catch those “shallow” walleye’s,while my truck that tows my boat,is still in the body shop for a while longer. See you both on lake erie hopefully soon & tight lines & walleye’s ON!!?????

That was a very prompt response.
Thanks Wave Runner and have a great weekend.
@Wave Runner response quite quickly & he is very helpful @REBELSS and he never holds back any “tip’s” etc., but willing to be there for anyone that needs help!! My first trip out ever on lake erie for walleye’s was with @Wave Runner and I never seen a two man limit of walleye’s,(12),that day get caught so fast,that I was “hooked” fishing for walleye’s since!! He knew where the walleye’s were that day,and therefore it saved some time searching for them.If I didn’t have my own boat,I would take @Wave Runner offer‘s to join him any day.Tight lines & walleye’s ON!! to all!! ?????

Hi Red Herring,
Thanks for the advice and comments.
I am trying to put my boat in for the first time this year and the wave forecast from Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting System looks very good for the whole weekend.

Hi Red Herring,
Thanks for the advice and comments.
I am trying to put my boat in for the first time this year and the wave forecast from Great Lakes Coastal Forecasting System looks very good for the whole weekend.
Anytime @REBELSS and a lot of us on this forum are here to help & don’t hesitate to ask questions.We all had to start somewhere & good luck on Lake Erie whenever you do get out & Be Safe & Walleye’s ON!! ? ????

I would bring $15 in loonies and toonies... those machines are an absokute pain with the card sometimes
Actually that's the first time I've had a problem with the pay machine on the west launch using my M/C. When I tried the east launch machine it went right through like the west one usually does. It probably just needs some maintenance especially being outside in all the elements. A handful of toonies and loonies isn't any fun either especially when I start dropping them all over the place. ?

Hey @Wave Runner, was reading your successful report of Port Glasgow and started looking over my lures. Found the mini ss tequila sunrise and started thinking.... what if it was a rrf? Congrats on an early near 2 limit. Hopefully my Dad Daughter and myself get a few on Sunday. It will be her first erie walleye trip. Ben

Attachments

• 20200605_203203.jpg
    20200605_203203.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • 20200605_203336.jpg
    20200605_203336.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 40
Hi Waverunner didn't see your post until we were out on Lake Erie out of Erieau. We were in 27 fow with 3 and 5 leadcore took 6 walleyes on shallow bandit popsicle color. 2 more walleyes off downrigger 80ft lead down 10 to 15ft deep bandit.Plus a bonus rainbow down 10ft on rigger with blue/chrome ripplinredfin.

Hey @Crummybun those look like killer RRFs in Tequila Sunrise, have you tried them yet? You did a terrific job on them and I bet they will be dynamite on the right day just like the spoons are. ?
Thank you @Wave Runner I was pretty happy with the outcome. I haven't tried one of my custom rrf yet. I got into this at the end of last season and was only able to test a watermelon bagley that did great on 2 trips out. Sunday will be the big day. Ben

Attachments

• 20190909_175904.jpg
    20190909_175904.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
It will be interesting to see if the order of the colours is important directionally (front to back, back to front when trolling, as the RRF is actually the reverse of the spoon) , or just the combination of the colours.

Pls provide feedback. ?

It will be interesting to see if the order of the colours is important directionally (front to back, back to front when trolling) , or just the combination of the colours.

Pls provide feedback. ?
I was thinking the same thing. I've reversed the pattern a few times now, its not always intentional! Lol. I guess that makes it a tequila sunset.

This guy won't be in the water Sunday as the epoxy clear takes 72hrs to cure.

Thank you @Wave Runner I was pretty happy with the outcome. I haven't tried one of my custom rrf yet. I got into this at the end of last season and was only able to test a watermelon bagley that did great on 2 trips out. Sunday will be the big day. Ben
Hey looks great! I can see The Crummybun Custom Body Bait Company starting up real soon. ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks