Fishing Report Port Glasgow June 2nd

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Nothing spectacular this morning for our first outing of the season but we brought home some fish. I had to work a little harder today as Darren is not himself battling through radiation and chemo for months now. That was okay as I wanted him to have a relaxing day without too much stress. His daughter Kaylee joined us and caught her first bow which was a dandy that wore her out. Didn't mark much at all but managed 5 nice walleye and 3 bows that gave them some excitement. Fish we caught were scattered throughout the water column from 20-40 ft. down and all on spoons. Body baits were a total bust. It will only get better from here on, but they are starting to show up. :)

PXL_20230602_162445793.jpgPXL_20230602_164052320.jpg

Nothing spectacular this morning for our first outing of the season but we brought home some fish. I had to work a little harder today as Darren is not himself battling through radiation and chemo for months now. That was okay as I wanted him to have a relaxing day without too much stress. His daughter Kaylee joined us and caught her first bow which was a dandy that wore her out. Didn't mark much at all but managed 5 nice walleye and 3 bows that gave them some excitement. Fish we caught were scattered throughout the water column from 20-40 ft. down and all on spoons. Body baits were a total bust. It will only get better from here on, but they are starting to show up. :)

View attachment 73893View attachment 73894
Nice seeing you this morning. I tried to text you. We didn't do great but didn't get skunked. Great job.

How far down did you find the bows Bob. That is what I was after yesterday but could not find them.

View attachment 73893View attachment 73894
Nice catch @Wave Runner to you and your guests! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Congratulations to Darrens daughter as well,on her first rainbow caught ever!! ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘ I would definitely be happy with your first fishing trip of this young season,on Lake Erie,and what a great way to start the season!! It will only get better,as you already know! Enjoy the fish fry,and See you on the water! ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

How far down did you find the bows Bob. That is what I was after yesterday but could not find them.
A great question @scrimmy ๐Ÿ‘ and we both & likely others,love catching those rainbowโ€™s!! They are definitely a great โ€œfighting machine,โ€ and those rainbowโ€™s will test any angler!! ๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• IMG_3419.jpeg
    IMG_3419.jpeg
    693.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3421.jpeg
    IMG_3421.jpeg
    215.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3585.jpeg
    IMG_3585.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3610.jpeg
    IMG_3610.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7096.jpeg
    IMG_7096.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 13
Nice seeing you this morning. I tried to text you. We didn't do great but didn't get skunked. Great job.
It was great seeing you and hubby Dave again. The fishing was a little slow for sure but hey things are only going to heat from here on in. :)

All 3 came off the riggers down 20 ft. on 3 different spoons. A Blueberry Muffin, pink Panties and Greasy Chicken. @Wave Runner were those spoon sizes in mini streak,or the regular size? Thanks in advance. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

@Wave Runner what size of spoons were you using? The mini streak size,or the regular size spoons? ๐Ÿง I am on Lake Erie right now since this morning,and these walleyeโ€™s and rainbows,are being picky!! ๐Ÿคจ Thanks in advance,my friend. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpeg
    IMG_0864.jpeg
    241.8 KB · Views: 11
@Wave Runner what size of spoons were you using? The mini streak size,or the regular size spoons? ๐Ÿง I am on Lake Erie right now since this morning,and these walleyeโ€™s and rainbows,are being picky!! ๐Ÿคจ Thanks in advance,my friend. ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
Red I don't know about the size that Wave Runner was using but I have been using regular sized spoons and they are working well.

I was using the mini and Junior size spoons Erich. We were out there today as well but the fishing is tough after that cold front. See my post.

Back home now,and I will post my day of fishing on Lake Erie from today later. ( Company has arrived at our house).
Red I don't know about the size that Wave Runner was using but I have been using regular sized spoons and they are working well.
Great to know @scrimmy ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š and I apologize for not asking you as well this morning,while I was out fishing,between Port Stanley & Port Glasgow. You almost live on Lake Erie off of Port Glasgow,and you know your stuff,just like @Wave Runner as well,and others also of course
๐Ÿšค๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks