Port Glasgow June 12 2019

Good fishing there @scrimmy It was tempting to go out yesterday,but with the south winds that were forecasted yesterday and eventually building to 40 kilometres/hour,I figured that the onshore wind would of been a challenge to go back into port glasgow down that main channel to reach the boat ramp’s.How was the lake condition while you were fishing,(I suppose that it depends on the size of the boat if it can handle the lake conditions),so that I can put it in my logbook for future reference under those strong south winds. Thanks in advance & I am looking forward to fishing for walleye’s on lake erie whenever the rain & the wind settles down!! ?????

The lake was not bad Red Hering and I would say some 2 footers but mostly 1 footers. I came in before noon and the harbour was fine at that time. It is a now going over the walls looking at the harbour cam.

The lake was not bad Red Hering and I would say some 2 footers but mostly 1 footers. I came in before noon and the harbour was fine at that time. It is a now going over the walls looking at the harbour cam.
Thanks @scrimmy for the reply back,and up to 2 footers is not too bad,and I feel confident in my 18.3 foot long Pro-V Lund that it can handle that with no problem!! Been there and done that with up to 3 footers!! I guess that I should of gotten out for the morning bite yesterday at least,before the winds have gotten bad by lunchtime.I watch the marine forecast way too much before I plan on going fishing on the great lakes,such as lake huron as well,but “Safety First!!” Oh well there will be a next time,but at least I got all the windows cleaned in my house yesterday,and another job scratched off the “honey do” list!! lol :ROFLMAO:;)?:)

Yikes would not want to be out there today with south winds blowing 31 kph gusting to 46 kph. The channel looks pretty rocky on the PG webcam right now. (n):(

Monday is looking good @Red Hering to hit Glasgow so hope it holds so I can get out. ??

Yikes would not want to be out there today with south winds blowing 31 kph gusting to 46 kph. The channel looks pretty rocky on the PG webcam right now. (n):(

Monday is looking good @Red Hering to hit Glasgow so hope it holds so I can get out. ??
Hopefully yes @Wave Runner you can get out next monday,for I am thinking of getting out with my boat as well. It is only thursday,and the weather seems to change daily.I have been watching the marine forecast at port franks as well,and it isn’t much better for getting out onto lake huron there,due to the strong winds,especially the north or northwest winds.It makes it tough to get out by boat onto lake huron from the ausable rivermouth if you get those onshore winds!!

The speed will start to increase as the water warms up. May 31st I went as slow as I could at 1.5 mph and water temp surface was 54.6 degrees. By June 12th the temp was 59.8 degrees and speed was 2.4 mph. In July I usually fish at 2.7 mph at the ball but as I have a new boat this year and sold my charter boat with all the equipment I don't yet have a speed and temp package but am looking for one.

Last edited:
Mattgsxr. I have had fishhawks in the past as well as Depth raiders. I am now on a fixed income and spent a good deal on equipping the new boat so I will have to be very economical with any future purchases. I am saving up for either a new fish hawk or a depth raider.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks