Port Dover

alexma

New to Port Dover, any advice where to start for perch, walleye, catfish?

Heard they were catching off port ryerse and off peacock point if your in a boat

Heard they were catching off port ryerse and off peacock point if your in a boat
Im in a boat, any idea what depth? Where is peacock point? I've never fished port Dover before, my regular spot is port Burwell.

Im in a boat, any idea what depth? Where is peacock point? I've never fished port Dover before, my regular spot is port Burwell.
Usually walleye don’t show up around here until July. I’d go back to Burwell until then.

Honestly until bass opener I don’t really see a reason to fish around there. You’ll probably have the whole lake to yourself for good reason

I didn’t realize peacock pt. was so close to Nanticoke. I must have been confusing it with Featherstone pt.

Yeh just past the point back in a few perch in theretowards shore is woodlawn park have got

Usually walleye don’t show up around here until July. I’d go back to Burwell until then.

Honestly until bass opener I don’t really see a reason to fish around there. You’ll probably have the whole lake to yourself for good reason
I'm not into bass. My son has a boat docked in Dover, so Dover will be!

Work 45-75 till you find a good screen
Fishing is great out there right now if your willing to work and get a pattern going ….
Real mixed bag of quality

if youre son as a boat docked in Port Dover, get a scoop of minnows and fish right there.
Thats the only place around Dover to fish for perch right now

if youre son as a boat docked in Port Dover, get a scoop of minnows and fish right there.
Thats the only place around Dover to fish for perch right now
That's my plan, i'm working this weekend, but i'll be perching next weekend for sure.

That's my plan, i'm working this weekend, but i'll be perching next weekend for sure.
Went out with a bag of minnows, anchored in about 30fow, straight out of of port Dover. One more boat further out looked like fishing. Nothing happened, washed the minnows for a couple of hours then we decide to swim a little bit and turned back to dock. Still a beautiful afternoon on water.

I head out of Dover... I haven't tried perch close to there, but my bet would be to go to the other side of the shoal to the left (as you come out) of the marina and fish the deep spot that is pretty much on the other side of the marina wall and move around the rock piles until you find weeds.

I believe the 5 mile can from Nanticoke is around 7-8 miles from Port Dover... just the other side of big shoal that is out there. Coming from Dover you can start at the entrance to the channel that is marked going into Nanticoke for the big ships... just to the north of the shoal. It is about mile 6 or 7... and troll along that outside part of the shoal. Or at least start looking on the sonar.

I head out of Dover... I haven't tried perch close to there, but my bet would be to go to the other side of the shoal to the left (as you come out) of the marina and fish the deep spot that is pretty much on the other side of the marina wall and move around the rock piles until you find weeds.

I believe the 5 mile can from Nanticoke is around 7-8 miles from Port Dover... just the other side of big shoal that is out there. Coming from Dover you can start at the entrance to the channel that is marked going into Nanticoke for the big ships... just to the north of the shoal. It is about mile 6 or 7... and troll along that outside part of the shoal. Or at least start looking on the sonar.
I'll try it out next time, thanks for info. Trolling along the outside part of shoal for walleyes and bows?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks