Port Burwell

misty river

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I was hoping to get the boat out to Port Burwell perch fishing this weekend and I was wondering if anyone has been out there yet ?
if so any luck ?

thanks in advance

I was at Pt. Bruce this morning and nothing was happening on the pier, however I spoke with a couple of guys who said they had gotten 50 or 60 one day last week in 30f.o.w. A few guys around the marina also said they saw a couple of guys come in with some last week. All a good size.Last couple of days been too rough.The commercial guys have there nets ab out 4 miles west of Bruce running from about 10 feet out.:)

how was the river at bruce , has the rain made it a mess? anyone catching bait near the peir. sounds like 30 to 32 feet might be the game plan for the weekend.

I was at both bruce and burwell last night for a drive.

both rivers are milky to say the least.

I dipped at burwell and got a dozen minnows but took a long time..lol

Got some smelts while dipping at Bruce.

Hope to try for perch out of burwell tomorrow afternoon.

good luck all

herefishyfishy

quote:
Originally posted by herefishyfishy

I was at both bruce and burwell last night for a drive.

both rivers are milky to say the least.

I dipped at burwell and got a dozen minnows but took a long time..lol

Got some smelts while dipping at Bruce.

Hope to try for perch out of burwell tomorrow afternoon.

good luck all

herefishyfishy

Let us know how ya do I can't decide between burwell or the bay

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

Minnow catching was slow at Port Bruce today. Did manage a big carp in my net though, proabably around 20 lbs. Seen a few white perch caught, but no yellows.

DSCF1047.jpg

heading to Burwell tomorrow around noon with herefishyfishy, hope to find some good numbers, will let you know how we make out

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks