Port Burwell Sunday Aug 21 2011

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
With Icemaker back in action and some rollers on the lake we headed South out of Port to 60 feet of water and set up.Riggers down 45 feet 150 foot leads with pink/orange K/O lures dipsy out 140 feet with a greasy chicken and the 10 color with a gold/black RR.Took quite a few shots with alot of sheepies in the mix,lost some crazy rainbows when they became acrobacs and spit the hooks back at us.Lake layed down nice for us for a couple hours then the storm clouds came through,little bit of rain,then the wind came up.Supposed to be northwest but I guess the weather man screwed up again.It came from the west/southwest and really picked up.We decided it was probably a good idea to pull lines and head in around 1:30 as the waves were probably around 3-4 feet.Rough wet ride back in but we made it safely.We ended the day with 3 walleyes and 2 rainbows.Was nice having my 81 year old Dad back on board with me today. :) Sorry about gettin you soaked from head to toe POPS.....LOL
Icemaker
100_0147.jpg

100_0149.jpg

Kind of cut the tail off in this shot
100_0153.jpg

Some storm clouds near shore
100_0152.jpg

Kirk

Good report Kirk.
Sorry to miss you today but after last night adventures when we saw the rain/wind this morning we've had enough and headed home....will get to meet you next time8D

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Hey Emil,called you on the radio but you were obviously not out there.Can't blame ya after your Saturday night ordeal.Yes we will definatley hook up some time I am sure.

Kirk

Yep we got out,I am not sure how that Port Stanely weather bouy marks its waves but it sure is wrong.I checked it before I left yesterday morning to see if the lake got turned from that storm Saturday night and it said 2.1 was the biggest waves then I read Icefisherman's reprt and he is talking 10-12 footers!I just checked it again and I know for a fact we rode back in on some 3-4 footers ( few 5's in there too I'm sure)yesterday and the weather bouy says 0.7 feet at the time we came in.Go figure!!!8
quote:
Originally posted by kmaub

Hey Kirk,

I was wondering if you got to go out.

Nice job on the fish!

Kirk

Agree with Tipper. I'm not sure how those buoys are calibrated. Great report!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks