Port Burwell Perch June 17/11

onmedic

Started at the usual haunts yesterday, barn 35fow, got a few but slow, then barn 42fow, again slow got a few, went shallow off barn, sat at 22fow and the 16fow break, again, 5 i think.
got really lumpy out there, big rollers, heading to rock pile, west side 15fow and finished off a 3 man limit.
Big shift in size guys, the females back out, males are the majority, i think we only had 4 females in the buch. Some nice silvers too.
Good luck to everyone this fathers day weekend!

We Didnt get out there till 4pm. By then it was pretty rough. We bounced around the same spots you did.... Until I started to feel a little green.[V]. Only managed 20 or so. Probably my worst day out there yet. Going to try Sunday or Monday if winds permit. We were using pickerel rigs. Should I be doing something different. Seems like people around us were catching more fish than us.

" Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry " R.J.

No, started there then ended up east at the silver barn. Should have stayed at the rock wall I guess.

" Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry " R.J.

its a gamble. We do about a hal hour and if slow, well theres better. Now , if its slow but constant with little spirts we stay. We had heard reports on channel 68 that peir was doing well so we went. It was slow at first and what changed everything for us was a buddy changing the presentation. Instead of our usual just on bottom with pickeral rig vertical he decided to cast out let it lay on botton horizontal, it was non stop with this presentation, if vertical just the odd bite. They are that picky and that meant the difference of going home with 30 perch or going home with a limit.

We just stuck to vertical fishing... That all I ever do out there. It always amazes me how fussy they can be. I guess I'll have to start changing things up.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks