Fishing Report Port Burwell June 28 2022

SonsofFishes

Another really slow start . Plan was to start in 40' seeing how last saturday we seen fish right off the bat at 45' . Over shot by a few feet but lots of fish on the finder and the cam . Mostly between 13' - 30' . Lots of fish up high as hvyhaul was mentioning earlier . I seen that last saturday when running @15' down and the bows were coming down from way above . And again no hitters . Trolled out to 64' and nothing . Heading back in I hit a bow at 50' , was dropping down an orange greasy chicken wing , got maybe 15' down and she hit . I felt the head shake and it took off feeling the hook pulling out of it . Thought that was weird . Got weirder when the thing went crazy on the surface clearing the water 3 times. The boys said it`s still on but it wasn`t , then wondering why it did that thinking maybe it was because my lure was broke off and still in it`s mouth ? but no , my lure was still attached . Hmmm , that was a first but pretty cool to see tho . Framing through the vid I know why . she hit but the hook didn`t stick , then she turned and the hook stuck her in the belly . That`s why I felt it pull out . At 4:08 in the vid will show this .
The end of the vid shows a nice bow with a lamprey on it . A first seeing that as well .
Near the end of the day the captain`s bro-in-law landed a 5 lb bow and just before pulling our lines I caught a small walleye . (supper} Yeaay !

John 5 lb Bow.JPGSupper.JPG

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks