Port Burwell July 14 Water Wolf

SonsofFishes

I`ve been playing around with the cam some more . Replaced the 1 ft leader to it from the dypsy with a 42 inch which took alot of the rolling from side to side away . Tried the different weights that came with it . In this vid I used the heaviest weight and it brought the body baits up in the middle of the screen . When running spoons the middle weight was best . The water clarity was not the greatest on this day .

The second trout bumped a Monkey Puke on the drop .

Seems the fish were missing the body baits and spoons with the erotic movement, wonder if worm harness would hook more fish.
Great video just the same, thanks for posting, went good with my morning coffee (y) :D

Seems the fish were missing the body baits and spoons with the erotic movement, wonder if worm harness would hook more fish.
Great video just the same, thanks for posting, went good with my morning coffee (y) :D

I think you meant erratic ;)

I always noticed this with spoons too. Fish tend to smack and miss the lure a LOT.

Very interesting. Do you know how fast you were trolling while recording? Great job!

I`ve been playing around with the cam some more . Replaced the 1 ft leader to it from the dypsy with a 42 inch which took alot of the rolling from side to side away . Tried the different weights that came with it . In this vid I used the heaviest weight and it brought the body baits up in the middle of the screen . When running spoons the middle weight was best . The water clarity was not the greatest on this day .

The second trout bumped a Monkey Puke on the drop .

Yow!
These vids are sick!
Love em!

@EOR We run the boat as slow as we can . Speed depends on which way we are running with the waves and how big they are . Anywhere from 2 mph - 3 mph . Most of this video I would say just over 2 mph . At 1 point I see a faster action so I guess +2.5 . At 2 mph we can pick up more silver bass , faster we catch less of them and more walleyes .

@Fish Farmer . I don`t have a worm harness but will pick one up and give it a try on the cam . Will post the action on vid for you when it happens . We`ve been limiting out with what you`re seeing on the vids . Won`t be too soon , the boat motor is under the weather at the moment . lol

@SouthernOntariosportsman Here is a pick of the setup I use . I can`t stress enough how important it is to use heavy duty and top quality hardware . The cam will surface if something fails but not if it`s still attached to the Dipsy . I have $200 invested in the cam and memory card and really don`t want to loose it . Dipsy And Cam Setup.JPG

On the pole I run 50lb. braided line with a heavy duty Crane swivel and lock snap . Hook this to the dipsy . Then a dual snap to the other end of the dipsy with a 42" 50lb braided line . The other end tied to a high end swivel with a snap connecting it to the Water Wolf . From the cam another snap tied to a 33" 20lb florocarbon leader , swivel again connected to a snap that hooks to your lure . Normally I ran a 5' floro leader but with the water clarity at Burwell I had to shorten it to 33" so the cam shows the fish better . I find no difference in the amount of fish I catch between the two different lengths of leader , nor does the presence of the cam hamper anything . The cam adds very little drag to the setup . Hope this helps you and anybody else that is thinking of purchasing one of these cams . A very usefull tool . Not only seeing the action on diff lures but what shocked me the most is the colour change when a lure is flashing back and forth . For example , a spoon with white and light orange will be flashing yellow . Fish seem to really go for that colour so next trip to the tackle shop I`ll be picking up a few yellow lures . lol

Last edited:
Thanks SonsofFishes, Aqua vu 7 inch hd cam set up i have, used it for ice fishing, and won't go back to graphs or finders,,,, I have the cord that runs to camera 75ft of it. based on your set up i can almost mimic it, just have to figure out more about that cord.?

I googled that unit but not much info . Is there a way of attaching a line to the camera end of it ? What would you hook it too ? And how ? Down rigger ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks