Port Burwell Aug2 Tuesday

Cap'nkirk

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Icemaker and myself headed out of Burwell this morning and set up in 58 feet of water SE of port.We marked a lot of baitfish down deep but never put anything down there as we marked the thermocline at about 35 feet.Ran riggers and dipsey's all spoons with some purple in them.Dipsey's back 85 on a 3 setting and riggers down 30 feet with 150 foot leads.We boxed 3 rainbow and 3 walleye and took alot of shots with equal amounts coming from the riggers and dipsey's.The only thing we forgot today was our sheep herding gear because we sure had alot of those in the boat today.[B)] Ministry was out and about today.A few pictures from today.Beauty day out there !!
Icemakers rainbow
fredrainbow.jpg

Mine
kirkrainbow.jpg

fredwalleye.jpg

kirkwalleye.jpg

Kirk

Good looking fish caught on good looking water Kirk; thx for the report!

Very nice Kirk!

so does this wrap it up for you before headin back to work or you plan on a couple more trips to burwell?

Hey Kirk, nice fish and looks like a perfect day on the water. I am planning on going to Lake O would you be interested in going again?

Bill

Portugese trout are incredible this year. Hitting lines at 3 MPH. Very frustrating[:(!] Did the Ministry stop you?

Nice fish Kirk!

Looks like that thermocline has dropped down a bit, riggers at 30 feet nowis 5 feet deeper than last week, and getting closer to where it normally is this time of year.

When you say sheep herding gear, you dont mean hip rubber boots though right?

It was a beauty day on the water Stomp,no doubt about it!
quote:
Originally posted by stomp

Good looking fish caught on good looking water Kirk; thx for the report!

Kirk

No Rick,I am hoping for a couple more trips out there before I HAVE to get back to work.How about you?
quote:
Originally posted by kmaub

Very nice Kirk!

so does this wrap it up for you before headin back to work or you plan on a couple more trips to burwell?

Kirk

Water was excellent as you can see Bill.Yes about Lake Ontario,just let me know when as I have a couple weekends tied up in the not too distant future:(

quote:
Originally posted by explorer

Hey Kirk, nice fish and looks like a perfect day on the water. I am planning on going to Lake O would you be interested in going again?

Bill

Kirk

Yes seadog the sheepies are all over the place and yes they are chasing down the lures,although we were trolling about 2.5 to 2.8 gps speed.Maybe we should of sped up some? Yes we got stopped[B)]

quote:
Originally posted by SeaDog

Portugese trout are incredible this year. Hitting lines at 3 MPH. Very frustrating[:(!] Did the Ministry stop you?

Kirk

Hey CD,it appeared that the thermocline had dropped some.We did hear of guys in closer ,about 55 feet of water , picking up fish in the 20 - 25 foot range off the riggers.Yes when I say sheep herding gear,we needed rubber boots,the shepards hook, the whole nine yards, lol ,incredible amount of sheepies! The one rainbow we caught even started turn color abit,beautiful red hue,too bad it didn't show up in the pic.

quote:
Originally posted by Caseys Dream

Nice fish Kirk!

Looks like that thermocline has dropped down a bit, riggers at 30 feet nowis 5 feet deeper than last week, and getting closer to where it normally is this time of year.

When you say sheep herding gear, you dont mean hip rubber boots though right?

Kirk

hey Kirk,

Yeah im going to try to get out tomorrow mornging then on saturday for the tourny

http://www.straitlineanglers.com/SLA_LakeErie_Walleye/SLA_LakeErie_Walleye_Tournament.htm

:D

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks