Fishing Report Port Bruce with Ticker

Puddle Jumper

I joined ticker for an Erie outing today ....Fantastic guy , and had a great time .

Although had a hit & miss within 15 min of setup .....we struggled to land fish for first while.

Eventually got 1 on an 8 colour leadcore with a stinger Perch spoon.

Rigger got 1 rainbow ..... we just kept changing lures and setups .... eventually figured out that dipsy with chartreuse backed spoons 85 -95 back was the ticket ...and later on 115 , 135, 160 back got a few ....tried flatlining deep divers , clip weights 4 -6 colour lead ..and various body baits and ripplin redfins with no luch.

Pulled rods at 2 ...... 19 walleye , 1 rainbow , 2 silver bass, 1 white perch, 1 sheepshead

I joined ticker for an Erie outing today ....Fantastic guy , and had a great time .

Although had a hit & miss within 15 min of setup .....we struggled to land fish for first while.
Great job guys.
Eventually got 1 on an 8 colour leadcore with a stinger Perch spoon.

Rigger got 1 rainbow ..... we just kept changing lures and setups .... eventually figured out that dipsy with chartreuse backed spoons 85 -95 back was the ticket ...and later on 115 , 135, 160 back got a few ....tried flatlining deep divers , clip weights 4 -6 colour lead ..and various body baits and ripplin redfins with no luch.

Pulled rods at 2 ...... 19 walleye , 1 rainbow , 2 silver bass, 1 white perch, 1 sheepshead

I might have seen you coming in. I was by the north end of the break wall failing to catch any minnows. Was wearing a blue hat and a grubby old grey shirt LOL.

Was great day with @Puddle Jumper today , great company to be with
Really enjoyed the story's he shared and insight of fishing
As for the fishing it was a bit of struggle to start ,but like I said in the other post we got the various lures to try and did put one out they liked , but it had to be on the dipsey as the same spoon did not produce on the rigger and only a few on leadcore . " we did not have to jump in to get them like someone else did ... lol "
Walleye fry tomorrow for dinner , cant beat that ?
20200705_082417.jpg

I might have seen you coming in. I was by the north end of the break wall failing to catch any minnows. Was wearing a blue hat and a grubby old grey shirt LOL.
@TrevorM I did see someone with a minnow net at the pier coming in around 2:20 pm , next time I will ask if its you and say hi
Did you fish the pier today? Or just trying to get minnow for another day ?

@TrevorM I did see someone with a minnow net at the pier coming in around 2:20 pm , next time I will ask if its you and say hi
Did you fish the pier today? Or just trying to get minnow for another day ?
Just trying to get some minnows, unsuccessfully. Didn't even take a rod with me today. :eek: but from what I saw while I was there, I wasn't missing anything either. ?

Hehe he @Wave Runner it happens to us all
Just don't do what I done , throw the spoon over board but not attached to the line ??? and more than once
Hey I haven't done that yet so maybe there's hope yet. ? Besides with all the tackle boxes full of lures I seen in the photos of your boat what's a lure here and there matter. ?

Hey I haven't done that yet so maybe there's hope yet. ? Besides with all the tackle boxes full of lures I seen in the photos of your boat what's a lure here and there matter. ?
Well the problem with that I don't do it with lures that don't catch many fish , only the ones that do really well and usually its the only one I got , I think I just get to exited and just want to get the thing back down , its always been the sliders not the main lure
?‍♂️

Did that with a pair of pliers... used the pliers in my wrong hand to remove a hook, and instead of throwing the lure back in the water, I threw the pliers back in and was left holding the Lure. sigh...

congrats ticker & puddlejumper a slow start great finish...off of bruce and west sunday 62 to 66 fow...wow

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks