Port Bruce walleye and steelhead

Jimmy Riggin

Was supposed to have two trips on Saturday but the wind was a little heavy so had one on Sunday. Went out to were I was fishing 15 miles just a little west of Bruce in 68'. Went 14 for 14 on eyes and 2 for 5 of steelhead the fish the I caught were all in the top 15' of water and walleye stingers back 90' and tadpoles with back 20' with dreamwever wd mixed veg was the best producers for eyes. The braid nuclear green divers back 40-60 with pink panties was the best for steelies.

JimmyRiggin-1-1-1-1.jpg

Jimmy Carroll
Jimmy Riggin' Fishing Charters
www.jimmyriggin.com
info@jimmyriggin.com

Nice to here they are heading your way,nice haul.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

quote:
Originally posted by icefisherman

Thanks Jim.
Now if they only get a bit closer to shore ;):D:)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

I second that.......Now if they get a bit closer to shore;)

Brian (Legend Man)

quote:
Originally posted by jumbos

quote:
Originally posted by icefisherman

Thanks Jim.
Now if they only get a bit closer to shore ;):D:)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

I second that.......Now if they get a bit closer to shore;)

Brian (Legend Man)

Well Brian,

Instead of waiting for them to get closer I am willing to volunteer to help you find them farther :D

P.S. I haven't forgotten our whities/eyes deal but this year's boat jigging season for whities on Simcoe proved to be very short....so maybe you'd allow me substitution with a salmon hunt on Lake O.?;)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Fish are closer. Now at least. Launched at Port Stanley and under the bridge at 2pm Mon. Running toward a indent south east that my dad used to fish with me when the water temp took a nice jump up. Stopped and marked a pair at 30' so we set lines....61/2 core with a harness gold/orange/black was pulling for about 30 sec when it bowed. Bomber in gold and black took a few as well as one diver shot with a purple spoon but most fish came on harnesses trolled slow...1.8-2.2 on the gps. Fished four rods for four hours and ended up with 10 eyes and one bow in the box..with a few drops and short hook ups. Trolled back for another hour only sheep to keep us company. Looked for perch Tues am but never did find them at Port Stanley....ran out to grab a couple of more eyes and play with the bows...landed the rest of our limit and a few bows then got blown off. 57-60 of water about 4 miles east of Stanley....about 7.25 miles from the Port. I'll be moving the boat this year unless things really change on LPB.

South Coast Sportfishing

i heard you on the radio. sounded like you had a good day. we also did well but we were in 61 fow. we ended the day with 10 walleye 2 bows with 3 lost bows at the back of the boat . we will be out Friday give me a shout if you are getting into them i will do the same. we are having a fish off with 4 boats 20 bucks a boat out of port Stanley even went as far as buying a trophy lol. you never now could be the start of something.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks