Fishing Report Port Bruce September 18

Heitman

It was tough fishing today. I caught 2 in 55fow with 10 color leadcore and a black and silver rapala and a Walmart spoon.
I fished from 7am till noon.
I heard a couple guys on the radio out in 64fow and they weren't doing much better.
I might try again tomorrow morning if the wind cooperates.

It was tough fishing today. I caught 2 in 55fow with 10 color leadcore and a black and silver rapala and a Walmart spoon.
I fished from 7am till noon.
I heard a couple guys on the radio out in 64fow and they weren't doing much better.
I might try again tomorrow morning if the wind cooperates.
Thanks for the post @Heitman ? I was wondering on how the fishing has been out on lake erie and with all of these unpredictable winds,it is hard to get out.It sounds like that they are scattered again likely because of all of those winds coming from every direction each day,but it is also nice to know by your post that the walleye’s are in shallow as well.Enjoy your walleye fry and good luck tomorrow morning if you get out fishing again. ? ????

We managed 3 north of the elbow in 45 - 60 fow 1 on a hot lips 2 on dipsey 140 back with mixed veggies n a fly girl

has anyone tried shallow...kinda new this year and not sure how the fish repond to cooler nights..some bows must be shallower..

has anyone tried shallow...kinda new this year and not sure how the fish repond to cooler nights..some bows must be shallower..
@Dewworm the shallowest that I have trolled on lake erie was off port bruce in 38 fow,but no rainbows but walleye’s I caught then back in july,and I haven’t tried for rainbows shallow yet this time of year.Good luck if you do try for shallow rainbows and I can’t see why they wouldn’t be around in the shallower water this time of year.

Last edited:
Water still pretty warm in shallow for bows. And 98% of the Rainbow start heading south to their US stocking site as the water cools down on Erie ;) There are some slightly better nearshore salmonid opportunities east of longpoint when the water temps drop a little more....

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks