Port Bruce Pier Report June 23rd

quinner01

Took a walk along the pier tonight, nobody was catching any perch, even the ones that were there most of the day, none. Sounds like it hasn't really got started yet. Tried for minnows, there were a few, but not too plentiful.

There was also a water rescue as a canoe ventured out well past the pier in choppy water, and tipped. A boat went out to rescue them after they struggled for the better part of a half hour.

It was no place for a canoe, and of course there were no life jackets to be seen! Luckily they made it back to dry land unharmed.

I will post some pics later.

That's one crazy story Quinn. Anybody going out on Lake Erie in a canoe, definitely has adrenaline issues. Hope the water was warm enough for them. Sorry to hear there was no perch for you on the pier and the people made it back safe.

I was down there in the evening for a couple of hours - got nothing but drowned salties.

I got there at the tail end of the rescue - no lifejackets in a canoe! That's nuts. That was nuts that they headed out in those choppy conditions ... with a canoe.

WR

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks