Port Bruce lake conditions

Mike Down

I just joined. I live on the beach at the Port Bruce pier and friends often call me and ask what the wave conditions are like before they head here with their boat. I'm happy to help. Good Fishing!

Great to have you aboard Mike; especially with your eyes on the lake! Next summer can you post what you see each morning:D?

Good to hear we now have another set of "eyes" to report on conditions down that way.

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Welcome to the site Mike.

Stomp

The beach people here at Long Point reported seeing something running across the beach Aug 19th early morning and climbing aboard a boat, Said it was scary...:D

BD

Hey Big Dave,
Since the 19th I have received several e-mail inquiries from some of the *female* cottagers along there wondering about when they might see that show again:D.

Speaking of which:
Extended Forecast
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 08 September 2011
Saturday
Wind light.
Sunday
Wind light.
Monday
Wind light.

And the Guy were all jealous![:eek:)]

I am probably running around the light Sunday, you can come for the ride if you want.

BD

As a shoreline resident my south door has been knocked in by waves on a few occasions so I watch water levels closely. Some sites of interest to riparians and boaters are www.tides.gc.ca/C&A/netgaphs_e.html and www.tides.gc.ca/english/SitesOfInterest.shtml
They show the great lakes levels from 1918 till last year and connections to current and montly water level data

quote:
Originally posted by wdodgetruck

Hey Mike , How about setting up a web cam of the pier ?

Fantastic idea wdodge! Mike, I would be happy to help with the web hosting if you want to set one up.

Welcome aboard Mike. Is this the same Mike Down that I worked with at Kanter Yachts back in 1982? If so we worked together welding up the LR Jackson fish tug.

Regards Ken Jackson
aka fishaholic

" Never mind if the horses are blind, just load the damn wagon"

Yes, I worked for Kanter Yachts for 8 years. I remember helping build the LR Jackson and a cage around the prop on the GW Jackson.
I have no experience with setting up a web cam; I'll have to go to school on that for a while.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks