Port Bruce - June 30

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
Capt. Derek invited me out for some rainbow trout fishing at Pt. Bruce today aboard the Mickey Finn. We were met by Greg at the North Erie Marina ramp and greeted with the customary excellent customer service. As many of you know, North Erie has been so popular of late that parking has become a bit of an issue at Port Bruce. I would encourage all anglers to help Greg and Sam in any way possible in order to keep this great access to the Erie sport fishing going strong.

The lake was flat all day. Lots of pier fishermen were already at it as we headed out.

SDC11657.jpg

We headed straight out and set-up in the mid-fifties. We had a bang early but nothing stuck. After a couple of hours of trolling out to around 60', we found warmer surface water near 70 degrees and finally coaxed a bow to hit 1 of 3 riggers. The fish did a few aerials with the rod in the hands of a first timer but it unfortunately spit the hook on the 4th leap. Still some excitement for all. We boated a couple of sheepies and called it a day. Other boats were reporting pickerel and rainbow catches off dipseys and leadcore. A boat next to us landed a bow off the boards.

A few pix of our day:

Just set up:
SDC11660.jpg

Fish on!
SDC11662.jpg

Not what we were looking for.
SDC11661.jpg

Still a great day on the water. Ended our day seeing Greg save one of his older customers from a mishap by asking if he remembered to put the plug in before launching. He hadn't and that boat and 2 anglers wouldn't have made it down the river without that reminder!

Thanks for the report Stomp---lake looks beautiful.

What a difference from yesterday.

Still not much going on from the pier---if the perch were in thick you wouldnt be able to find an open spot out by the end/middle.

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Hey Packrat... thought of you as we passed by there. Didn't seem to be much action. A few guys were dipping for minnows and getting what looked to be a few. We didn't see a perch landed.

Boat fishermen we spoke to reported decent catches. They looked to be fishing within a mile or two of the harbour.

Thanks for the report Stomp.....sure seems difficult to put a winning strategy together this season.

quote:
Originally posted by Duck Soup

Thanks for the report Stomp.....sure seems difficult to put a winning strategy together this season.

You got that right Arnie

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Nice report Stomp, still lot's of summer left. The best is yet to come8D

Brian (Legend Man)

Thank-You also stomp for the report from your day on the Lake.I hope to be downrigging soon off of Port Bruce or Port Stanley,once the Smallmouth Bass have left the Inner Bay of Long Point Bay for their summer pattern,(deeper waters).Right now I am having too much Fun Battling the Bass on the Bay.My next trip will be right after this long weekend is over,targeting the Large & Smallmouth Bass on the Inner Bay again;)I will be heading down to Port Bruce over this weekend to just have a look at the Parking issue there,and to help Greg & Sam out in any way possible,they are definetly very Helpfull.I have used their Boat Ramp over the year`s,and it is right up there,as one of my favourites.:)

RED FISH

Stomp.....I launched from Greg's yesterday as well, he said you were there and had great things to say about you and the good work that you and the rest of us do on this site. I added my name to the list for "parking wars" and hopefully something can be done about it. He said it best, he doesn't understand why he has been "blamed/targeted" for the other guys lack of business, he never went out to "steal" customers from anyone, he just, in my opinion, does it right!

Bogz

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks