Port Bruce June 11

No problem...some people are very secretive of their techniques....I like to help out fellow fishermen if I can
A great attitude @HuntingFishing77 :love:? The Great Lakes are huge,and there should be enough fish to catch for everyone,especially now that the walleye fishing in general has been amazing in the last couple of years,and it is suppose to be even better walleye fishing this year!! Any way we can help each other out the easier for all of us!! Tight lines & o_Owalleye’s ON!! TO ALL!!o_O?????

Red Hering. With the increase in Walleye catch for the commercial guys ….the catch might not be so great this year …. Who Knows:unsure:
Very true @Thirstystone and who knows is right.? It will be a wait and see on how everyone made out on their walleye fishing trip’s during this years walleye season.Here is hoping for walleye’s on for everyone!!???o_O??

I think the game has changed to get good eaters so far, but it’s early- so far I’ve marked lots of big fish on the bottom in shallow. Active ones a bit higher up and taking other baits than the ones on the bottom. But I’ve only been out a couple times.

Wish I brought along the trolling gear this evening! Took a date down to Port Bruce and was all set up for catfishin with the wind forecast but wouldnt you know it, lake was pretty well flat when I got there. Don't think there was a single boat out! Managed some kitties anyway and took a short cruise out on the lake at the end of the evening..
IMG_20190612_214831.jpg

Josh

Wish I brought along the trolling gear this evening! Took a date down to Port Bruce and was all set up for catfishin with the wind forecast but wouldnt you know it, lake was pretty well flat when I got there. Don't think there was a single boat out! Managed some kitties anyway and took a short cruise out on the lake at the end of the evening..
View attachment 14792

Josh
Josh - what I have learned over the years........a forecast is just that, a forecast. A prediction, a maybe. Don't know how many times I have got to the water to find it opposite the forecast - in either direction. Now If I go thinking it will be nice - I am not surprised if I find out that I have to turn around and go home. No more lunch bag let down - always consider it a drive to the lake and if I can go out - BONUS!

For sure! There was a bit of a breeze inland but as I got towards the lake I noticed a few flags hanging dead still. I had just taken a bunch of trolling gear out of the car and loaded up the catfish gear after being up on Hurons north shore for a few days :banghead: lol

Josh

Hi @HuntingFishing77, thanks again for your detailed report from Wed. You were bang on with fishing in 43FOW east of Port Bruce. We had to work in the am so went out of Burwell instead of Bruce, but went towards Bruce in the same 43 FOW. 5 for 5 nice walleye in an hour or so. Had nascar out, but they ALL hit RRF instead, clowns and silver/blue. Lead core 4 colours. Downriggers at 30 ft, #1 dispel no ring on 0, 31 ft. Walleye seem east earlier this year than last year. So, this is our first fishing report, so pls would appreciate feedback.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks