Port Bruce July 14

silversam

What a day . My nephew Don wanted to go out fishing so we headed to Port Bruce and were rewarded well . We started off by grabbing 2 scoops of minnows and lunching from North Erie marina and headed out to 58 ft. . Set up and trolled around 58 – 62 ft. . This produced 4 nice eyes , 1 - 8 1/2 lb. Bow and a 7 lb. Salmon . Time to head in to 40 ft. and try our luck at Perch . As soon as our line hit the bottom you could set the hook . It was crazy only a hand full of throw backs . This is also were the biggest eye came from 30 inch 11 lb. on a light action rod with 4 lb. test . What a treat . The fish out deep all came on worm harness at various depths . Our limit of Perch and the big eye were all caught on minnows.
HPIM2019.jpg

HPIM2034.jpg

HPIM2024.jpg

HPIM2037.jpg

Great catch and report; thanks! Now I know that Greg's service at North Erie is top notch but this "catch of the day" award is new to me. Does he hand out free refreshments to those that win that honour?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks