Port Bruce Eyes and Bows Aug 27

erie feeln

Hi to all. Mrs Erie Feel’n here[:X] and I just want to share with you our fabulous day of fishing on Sat. We were invited to join our friends on their beautiful 23 foot Proline and we headed for Port Bruce. What a pretty Marina and everyone is so friendly and helpful. They helped us launch the boat and taxied us back and forth to our vehicle. That value added service and a $10.00 launch fee sure can’t be beat and we were on the lake and set up in no time. We ran riggers, leadcore (10 & 8) and dipseys. We ended up with10 walleyes and 3 rainbows. I’d never caught a big fish before and they let me reel in the first walleye and the first rainbow. That is just freak’n awesome. We caught everything around the 59 – 63 feet. The riggers were about 40 feet down. Some of the hot lures were Pink Panties, Watermelon, Orange Crush. The first time I reeled in the 10 colour, after what seemed like an eternity, I checked the counter and it said 280. I looked at Johnny and said “Are you serious”? Keep reeling babe he said. My arms were killing me...but what a good burn. That had to be my best day ever fishing and I so want to do it again. Thanks Paul and Nathan for a great day on the lake and letting me catch my first big fish.
PortBruce008.jpg

PortBruce017.jpg

mr ereie feeln learned something new about the wallys has anyone done the pecks cut or pecs cut[?] not sure what its called but man when i seen this it was cool:)they say its like eating the cheek:pthe fins make great forks,and i even skinned them.do you cook them the same as your fish chunks[?]

Hey Erie Feeling I've been eating the throats on pics since an old guy up north showed me how to cut them out. I cook them the exact same way as the rest of the fish & I think they are even better than the cheeks!!!!!:p[^]

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks