Port Bruce August 12,2011

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
FINALLY,my first trip of the season for Walleye`e & Rainbows,on Lake Erie,out of Port Bruce.I took another member of the Board,(Could Get Ugly),& his son,out on my Boat.At 6:15 a.m.,we left shore & headed straight out towards 60 Feet Of Water.It was a bit of a Bumpy ride out.We stayed most of the morning in 60 to 63 fow,all we had to show for was a Silver Bass,which was released.I also talked on my radio to other Boater`s throughout the morning,and it also sounded like most of them had not much action.Eventually,we trolled back into 58 fow,were I ended up catching a 4.1 lb. Rainbow off my downrigger,with the cannonball down to 37 fow.It was caught with a Bomber Gold colour lure.Also caught in this area was 1 Farm Animal(Sheephead) & another Silver Bass.At 1 p.m. we packed it in,and headed back to Port.Board Member,Could Get Ugly,took some pictures with his camera of our day on the Lake,which he said that he will eventually Post.I thought for now,without the pictures,that I would put in a report of our trip Today,in case anyone is planning on Fishing this area sometime soon.All In All,not a Bad day on the water.I am already feeling more Confident of a Better day on the Water,on my next trip out.Good Luck To Everyone.8D

RED FISH

Well Red Fish, I am glad to see you out getting the boat wet. That's a nice eating size bow too. It is really tough fishing when it is a full moon for eye's, unless you fish very late in the evening, But it sounds like you put in a solid effort and you came back with a nice bow. That's what fishing is about, learning from past trips and thinking of what might have worked, and then trying them on the next outing.

Brian (Legend Man)

Hello jumbos,having the Lake Bumpy & tossed around a Bit from the Strong North/West Winds from Thursday(Fish seem to be scattered), plus the Full Moon,& my first time out this year,off Port Bruce on Lake Erie,made it a bit of a Challenge.That is all of the excuses that I can think of right now.-LOL:D.Also,my Boat is not rigged up with Planner Boards,which would of Helped yesterday,with extra lines in the water,we unfortunately,encountered a few Tangles here & there,trying to do Big Figure 8`s(the waves didn`t help much either).Normally,I fish solo,(Retirement is good,less people through the week at the Boat Ramps),but the company on the Boat,yesterday was also nice to have.I usually Fish with the downrigger on one side of the Boat,and a fishing pole in a Rod Holder,flatlining on the other side of the Boat,with a Deep Diving Lure such as the Hot Lips Express or Deep Diving Bombers,Rapala`s,etc.That Bow that I caught,sure topped off the Morning,nicely.;)I can`t wait to get back out there,now that I have the Rust & cobwebs, off my Downrigger.Catch Lot`s,8D

RED FISH

In regards to planer boards, try the inline boards by CHURCH TACKLE they work great. Recommend THE WALLEYE BOARDS OR THE TX 44 which is bigger yet. The TX44 will take musky lures and the 300 WALKER DIPSY. The TX22 is smaller and you can runn these in 2ft. chopp.
Know ANGELING OUTFITTERS, ROTTEN RONNIES, and BRADFIELDS MARINA, CARRY THE PRODUCT.
Just had to get a word in for my new sponsor CHURCH TACKLE.
For more info go to www.churchtackle. They carry revelation dodgers, strip bait holders donot need tooth pick, plus video info.
Seeing as iam at work and nobody on carlot thought i would post reply.
Happy Pappy land locked for a week, Damn would rather fish any day.
Good luck Red on your next trip.8D:p[}:)]

Thank-You monty smith for the website,(www.churchtackle),I will check it out.I know you are also a Lowrance Dealer,and I have Talked to you over the year`s at various Sportsmen Shows,I love their products also(Lowrance Fish Finders).I will tease some Fish for you while you are landlocked for the week,so that they will be ready to do Battle with you once you hit the water again.Good Luck to you aslo Happy Pappy on your next trip out.Happy Fishing.8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks