Plenty of land for hunting

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Gentlemen, I live up in Huron County close to the Brussels area with permission on thousands of acres of hunting land. I have between 30-40 treestands up for bowhunting depending on the crop rotation. I have a 2400 square foot hunt camp built on my property with a walk in cooler/butcher shop. I am unique in that I have the ability to hunt 4/5 days a week and most times I need more than myself to cover certain areas of the properties for deer movement. This is where you guys come in?? I recently purchased a 22ft starcraft that I outfitted with riggers, helix 7, fish hawk etc. I had a health scare from work almost 2 years ago that saw me outta commission for almost a year as far as hunting etc went. So I wanna use my time to the max now instead of waiting til retirement to buy a boat and get out. Been out twice on Ontario and we went 7 for 8 on lakers and salmon. Walleye is what we love eating in our household so I wanna concentrate on Erie til I put my boat in Huron at Port Elgin later this summer for the remainder of the fishing season. So I am putting this out there in hopes that anyone looking for places to hunt (with me of course) for either deer or turkeys will wanna exchange some fishing time for hunting time? I have a boat and am willing to travel with it down to Erie. So I have a spare seat or two depending on my buddies or even just a pointer would be nice? If you hunt trust me I am the guy you wanna come see in the fall. Spring as well for turkeys but my season usually last 2 or 3 days then I spend May helping buddies fill their tags. Message me if you think we could work something out?

Wait wait wait. You're looking for someone to come fishing with you, on your boat, kitted out with your gear? And in exchange for this "favour" you're going to take them hunting?? So you're just like a hunting and fishing sugar daddy? Do we have to put out?

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Joking aside - I take it you're looking for someone with solid Erie experience to go out a few times. There are a few guys here who have their own boat but will take an open seat for the company. My best suggestion is to watch the forum and get involved in the discussion as there's TONS of Erie wisdom shared here. Post dates when and where you plan to hit Erie and say that you're looking to fill open seats with experienced folks. I'm sure you'll have a few folks take you up (I've done it in the past, although I'm not one of the better Erie trollers out there) with or without coming up for a hunt. Its a solid offer - just saying you likely don't need to sweeten the pot!

Leamington, over flow parking lot is packed to the gills.. i'll wait till the zoo goes away and fish after supper into the dark. wonder if the fishing is hott.lol

I paid for my boat slip up in the Port Elgin harbour over the weekend so I might be putting it in there sooner than later. So would any Erie fisherman be willing to trade up a spare seat on their boat for a few days in July for a few days in PE later this summer?

I’d take you out on Erie if schedules work out... how much notice do you need to get to glascow area? Are you willing to buy an erieau derby ticket if that’s going on?(beginning of July, everyone on boat needs one), how many seats you looking for?

Come July I only need a notice the night before. I have no issues buying a derby tickets either. I just need a place to park my arse instead of towing my boat all the way there. Obviously if I could bring a buddy that would make the drive down more entertaining. The chantry island salmon derby is July 24-Aug 2nd and I will gladly reciprocate.

Rcfire77, my wife and I have a 24ft Cobalt that we dock in Port Stanley and once the fishing season gets rolling in July we typically go out 3-4 days a week for Walleye. I'm self employed so scheduling isn't too difficult and we always have 2-3 seats open. That said my wife and I have only been bow hunting for 2 years (late start since nobody in our families hunted growing up) but access to land has been almost impossible for us. We've been 2 years now without a successful hunt due to limited hunting land opportunities as new hunters despite knocking on many doors. We'd be more then happy to help you get out fishing for Walleye on Erie and show you our setups. With many years of fishing/boating experience we typically come home with full coolers on most trips once the fish start moving our way in larger numbers. If that's something you might be interested in then maybe we can setup a day to meet up.
Thanks for the opportunity,
RJMP

Reactions: GPS
I usually arrow minimum 2/3 deer a season without getting into the group hunting for rifle and controlled hunt in Dec w/shotgun. So as far as the deer go I would have you covered for stands and seeing them. Obviously its up to you too close the deal. I have put down 96 deer thus far (yes I have kept track in a hunting journal) and at least 70 have been with my bow. So in the very least I can help you get more familiar with the deer woods etc. Plus not having to tow my boat down to Erie the month of july would be awesome as then I can stick it into the slip in Port Elgin I paid for this season. I am new to great lakes fishing as I just bought my boat this year but I have done alright on Lake O so far this year. Text me at 519-580-1072 and we can talk further.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks