Planner Board Help

propane

Need some help with this one. I have a Church Tackle TX-44 board. I have never had any luck getting it to pull smoth in the water like the other board ( Off Shore ) this board keeps pulling then skips / pulls to get cought up then pulls again. I run it on a med action heavy rod and its like you got a fish no wait its just the board pulling back and forth .. you would never know if you have a fish or not.
Any thoughts ??

Personally I like the Offshore boards because of this reason you mention. The Church boards do not run as smoothly for me but I am not an expert either.

Are you pulling it upside down and on the wrong side? I know I have done that.

Are you pulling it upside down and on the wrong side? I know I have done that.

What do you mean Albert? I started running smaller boards last year with Wormdunker and had no problem but with calmer waters. Do boards have a side to run like setting Dipsy's? I had only run big boards from a mast before. I'm new at it too and am going to buy 2 boards.

Last edited:
Planner%20Board_zpsvyt88bhb.jpg

Sorry the above should read starboard (right side) of boat.

For the smaller boards like what the OP was asking about the wedge always faces the boat

Small%20board_zpsbnltmam3.jpg

Last edited:
What do you mean Albert? I started running smaller boards last year with Wormdunker and had no problem but with calmer waters. Do boards have a side to run like setting Dipsy's? I had only run big boards from a mast before. I'm new at it too and am going to buy 2 boards.

Pick up some plywood, threaded rod, and eyehooks, come by and we can make a pair for you using mine as a pattern. They work very well and do not appear to be hard to make.

Pick up some plywood, threaded rod, and eyehooks, come by and we can make a pair for you using mine as a pattern. They work very well and do not appear to be hard to make.

A very gererous offer but the TX-44 boards the OP is asking about are in-lines similar to the Offshore boards. Unless he is keen on installing a mast and all, making dual boards won't be much use.

No mast for me but thanks Albert anyway. We actually made 4 boards this winter. I can get 2 small boards as that's all I need. A 19 foot boat gets small quick when we start loading all the crap on it for trolling with even just the 2 of us. I won't troll with 3 in a boat. I've learnt my lesson because of having to make a sharp turn because some duffus wants to cut in front of me or I come onto a mile of nets with just 5 rods out let alone 6. Leadcore does not untangle, period. Make a mess and everyone's day is ruined. If it's too rough for the boards I won't use them because I'll probably be watching white caps from the deck.

Pointy side to the front of the boat, left is port and right is starboard. Not really hard to remember even for me. If you do make some big boards make them collapsible to save room on the boat.

Last edited:
2 pieces of aluminum flat bar across the board and 4 wingnut fasteners. Loosen the nuts and fold the boards flat.

for a really good modification for your tx44 boards go to blood run tackle site. you have to sign up for a mailing list but than you get access to the pro tips. the mod should help the board run up beside ur boat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks