Planet Board Release Question

H-man

I'm wondering which planer board clips people use for braided line when using the big planer boards. Any help would be appreciated!

myself, elastic bands hitched to line. Then into a pilgrim planer release .

the dollar store ones work in a pinch, but there not my first choice.

IMG_0343.JPGIMG_0344.JPG

Last edited:
Are you talking mast boards or inline

For masts we use shower curtain clips and elastic bands .....if elastic doesn't break....you will see it stretch....and then can break it....set hook and reel in

For inline boards everyone will be slightly different

I use church boards ....with stock clip
But I hard rig it !!!! .....i changed the back plastic pin to a stainless pin .....so when I put line thru back pin ....i spin board 4 -6 times then clip into front release.

When fish hit it will either pull back of board down a bit or it will pull entire board back .
Then keeping rod tip down reel board to boat then lift rod tip up ....back up and your buddy has to take off board while not giving fish ànd slack.......doable for walleye....kind of wild with salmon or rainbows on other end.

Thank you for your replies! It is the mast that I'm using. Just wondering how strong the elastic needs to be. There are different strengths of elastic bands.

When getting ready to add a mast and big boards I read size 31 or lighter for the elastic bands.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks