pissed off

skippy

sitting in my tree stand this morning in Jericho, 3 assholes wandering in front of my tree stand on MY PROPERTY. total disrespect.

Get pictures, call the OPP and have them charged with trespassing. There were 4 cruisers sitting at the Shell Hwy 24 and Forestry Farm Road this morning and a CO truck down at dirt road 6 when I was coming home from work around 9 this morning

Only way we are gonna change this trespassing phenomenon is to charge em up. Most pleasurable place to hunt is manitoulin island where landowner permission slips are mandatory and enforced. Very few issues that I see there over the many years of hunting. Cut and dry know where you are and stick to your own territory.
Southern Ontario is the Wild West when it comes to ding dongs traversing all over the place without regard for private property. Increase fines and make it a punishing experience when caught....only we as respectful hunters and landowners can change the situation. Go south of the border to the US and see how carefully people stick to their property. It’s a golden sin to venture into new lands without permission and highly frowned upon.

Only way we are gonna change this trespassing phenomenon is to charge em up. Most pleasurable place to hunt is manitoulin island where landowner permission slips are mandatory and enforced. Very few issues that I see there over the many years of hunting. Cut and dry know where you are and stick to your own territory.
Southern Ontario is the Wild West when it comes to ding dongs traversing all over the place without regard for private property. Increase fines and make it a punishing experience when caught....only we as respectful hunters and landowners can change the situation. Go south of the border to the US and see how carefully people stick to their property. It’s a golden sin to venture into new lands without permission and highly frowned upon.
I hate to be a dick. I'm not anti hunt or anti gun. ask for permission. invite me to join in.

Skippy if your property is posted and you have issues something needs to be done. You purchased property to enjoy it and have the experience of owning land and harvesting off of it.
I’ve owned property in a few places now and it took awhile to straighten it out and enforce my right to enjoy the properties i purchased in solitude. Some people are genuinely not sure of boundaries etc which I can side with. The majority of trespassers though know exactly what they are doing and in all likelihood the same types that poach and abuse the resource. I’ve had stands/blinds/cameras go missing before and it’s just the way things are headed nowadays. Some people in the woods have zero respect and with hunting properties harder and harder to come by, some resort to walking where they shouldn’t be. I’m all for allowing people on my land but don’t come uninvited. Knock on the door and you’re likely free to go.
Trespassing is the biggest issue facing hunting nowadays and the driving factor in more and more property being closed off to ethical honest hunters looking for a place to enjoy the sport.

You never mentioned in your post whether they where carrying guns or just wandering.

I agree with Biggamer. The only way to stop trespassing is by charging them, the USA has a substantial fine system and they enforce it. I have had tree stands and cameras stolen, I will not leave my blind up overnight. Our trepasing laws need an update but who will enforce it, MNR gets their budget cut back steadily and look at the mess their management have made with moose tags

I find the second week of the gun( deer), worse for trespassing and road hunting, here anyway. My property sits within a much larger bush area on a back rd with no other houses nearby. Both my property and my neighbors is posted clearly front and back. Like clock work, starting around 10am till mid afternoon, scummy road hunters leave their leave their morning/or return to evening stands, and cruise the rd. You could track them by the trail of empty beer cans left in the ditch. My back pasture is surrounded by bush with a small window threw the tree's that can be seen from the rd, and it often has deer there, seen scum shoot from the rd, or try to sneak in the edge's, or just climb fence and walk right across my yard.
I agree with what others here have said, you have to harass the shit out of trespassers, from when I first moved here a couple of decades ago to now, its gotten alot better, word gets out. From bad mouth cursing them away, shoving matches, picture taking, calling the cops or mnr, bin there, done it. I used to listen to the scummy road hunters on the two ways, I was know as the ass hole in the bush, and proud of it! Hilarious to here them sceaming and planning how they where going to sneak in this way or that, or that the asshole's truck wasn't in the lane-way, only to have me radio back, "my trucks in the garage, stay the F out". Instant radio silence and gravel spinning as they sulk away. Some may say this is dangerous, don't care, my ground and if they're not invited, then again, they can stay the F out

The Ford government has new trespassing laws in the works. They are designed to help protect farmers from activists but affect hunters as well as the new fines are substantial. TC

I am a hunter as well....must agree always ask first...these guys are why people like myself have such a hard time to find land to hunt....my group is down to only 1 bush to hunt now because of this ...even though the land owner knows it is not our group (6)...they have all pretty much cut everyone off from hunting their property....such a shame that there are as_holes that can't take 5 mins and ask whether they like the answer they get or not .....told no stay the f out

I encountered a trespasser once who went by the name Claire Voyent . When I asked him if he had permission to hunt on the clearly posted property he replied that ol'John Doe gave him the OK a couple of weeks ago. I commended him for his unique talent and asked if he could to talk to my dad that passed away 3 years ago . He looked at me rather strangely and I explained that ol' John Doe passed away 2 years ago so it shouldn't be hard for him to do.

We had some a hole poach a deer at night during the first week of deer hunt on our property. Had to be at night because we were there every hour of legal hunt time.
Left the doe in the back of the bush minus the back straps, rump roasts and tender loins. Had to have backpacked it out as there was no sign of quads or trucks. Probably a good mile from the road.

We put up trail cams everywhere along the edges of the bush, hoping to get a picture.
A holes like that ruin it for everyone else. I will not let anyone else on the land at all during the second hunt. There used to be another group that hunted there, but not anymore.

We had some a hole poach a deer at night during the first week of deer hunt on our property. Had to be at night because we were there every hour of legal hunt time.
Left the doe in the back of the bush minus the back straps, rump roasts and tender loins. Had to have backpacked it out as there was no sign of quads or trucks. Probably a good mile from the road.

We put up trail cams everywhere along the edges of the bush, hoping to get a picture.
A holes like that ruin it for everyone else. I will not let anyone else on the land at all during the second hunt. There used to be another group that hunted there, but not anymore.

Why penalize a whole other group of guys whom may be quite responsible for one "poacher". It wasn't their fault.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks