Pike fishing in Bay

Me n my best friend

Has anyone been out of old cut for Pike n was wondering if u could get of there yet thanks

like I said in the minnows thread...you will find pike in the cuts right now...

LPB pike come into the shallows to spawn and lay there eggs...at one time spear fishing for LPB pike was a popular tradition..many pike fisherman with there chest waders on wading through the big creek marsh on the west side of the causeway spear fishing for big pike...
I don't know the real story behind MNR and there conservation efforts to remove the tradition of pike spear fishing...
there is also the traditional commercial LPB spring fish harvest in the shallows and I think its still going on now..The harvested multi species fish are taken into Port Rowan and there transported out from there..
another popular spring tradition was dip netting suckers on the creeks..I use to dip net kettle creek right below the dam in waterworks park for lots of suckers...ya we would grind the suckers and my mom would make fish cakes and burgers...
another tradition was on lake erie in April we use to use a seine net with chest waders, my dad & uncle at night right off our port stanley property beach and harvest smelt...incredible size & numbers of smelt back in the 1960s

Last edited:
Thanks! Any signs of ice out there still? Would prefer not to be putting ice through the prop.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks