Pike Fishing Help

jamest

I would like to know where the location of pike shore fishing near the turkey point / simcoe area

Hi Jamest, not to dissapoint you but im not to sure the pike fishing is very good over that way in early spring. The problem with early season pike is that they prefer to hangout in thick marshes and calm run off areas, this creates two problems 1 alot of the pike go in shore to spawn which means there in fishing zone 16 which closes for pike fishing March 31 and doesnt re-open untill 2nd saturday in May, well after they have returned to deeper waters. the 2nd problem is even if you can find an area that is holding pike it will either be too thick to toss a lure around or they will be in a foot of water making accesssing them very tricky! My solution is to be patient and wait untill they are post spawn and easier to get at, they will be good and hungry after the spawn and still in realitivly easy to get at untill the water begins to warm up too much for there liking. im not sure about turkey point and simcoe area but after the spawn the big rice bay and out in front of the provincial park and millionaire are local favorite areas, aswell as bluff bar and gravely bay. I hope this helps you out! good luck with the gators :D FB.

If you want pike from shore try the ponds in Waterford, (when the season opens of course). Seen some big ones come out of here.

I was out in the inner bay on Monday all day. Tried quite a few spots...Lots of good sized perch but no pike. Still a great day on the water though!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks