pickerel river port loring on info

jerk bait

Just booked a getaway for a few days to port Loring area on the pickerel river for end of May. 40 miles of waterway to explore I guess. First time in this area. Staying on Wilson lake . Has anybody fished this area before? Walleye/pickerel, pike and crappie all available this time of year. I have tons of experience on the French but nothing on the pickerel river, any input would be much appreciated.

If you are a catch and release person it is great but if you like to consume your catch check the Ontario consumption recommendations for that area.

Dont forget a spring bear tag and a rifle..nobody bothers to read the fish eating guide..good luck fishin jerkbait..perfect timing when the flies are biting the fish are biting..

Thanks I have been up there at that time before and the flies were not a issue until about 8pm then watch out. By then we were ready to come in anyway. Lodge owner says wilson lake area fishes different than the french so we will see. Primarily catch photo release but will keep a few for shore lunch.

I second the back troll really slow, we fish dollars lake which is part of that river system. Sometimes a slow troll with a single split shot up 12" from the hook with a large dew worm is all you need. Lots of pike and crappie if the walleye arent biting too.

If you're on Wilson Lake, go and try the island with the large white two-storey cottage close to where Wilson Lake outlets back into the river. There is a large weed bed there and we have caught wallys there slow-trolling worm harnesses. I would also try the narrow outlet there with white twister tail jigs. Good luck!

WR

Jerk Bait, there's a spot, going by memory, just east of Whippoorwill cottages, now Dollars lake resort. Locals call it the flat rock and its obvious why? You'll see boats congratulate there most evening,s,
Massive depth chg and then another hump? good luck

Jerk Bait, there's a spot, going by memory, just east of Whippoorwill cottages, now Dollars lake resort. Locals call it the flat rock and its obvious why? You'll see boats congratulate there most evening,s,
Massive depth chg and then another hump? good luck
Aweosme thanks guys . Yes I gave researched dollars lake a bit as well.

I second the back troll really slow, we fish dollars lake which is part of that river system. Sometimes a slow troll with a single split shot up 12" from the hook with a large dew worm is all you need. Lots of pike and crappie if the walleye arent biting too.
I've seem more fish caught that way than any other

Great place to go. Been up there many times and loved it. If you are going to take a buzz down the river, say west of Toronado's, there is a spot in the river called "The Narrows". It is extremely shallow!!! Ask the locals or guide where it is. It will save you a prop and skeg. Short of that spot you will have a blast! Enjoy!

I fish Dollars Lake a lot through out the spring and summer. Definitely a lot of pike, crappie and bass. Only ever really seem to pick up the odd walleye here and there. Will definitely have to try the single split shot.
Thanks

I fish Dollars Lake a lot through out the spring and summer. Definitely a lot of pike, crappie and bass. Only ever really seem to pick up the odd walleye here and there. Will definitely have to try the single split shot.
Thanks
Thanks for all the info. I found a series of maps online . Plan was jig and troll for some walleye and cast for some pike in the shallows. Wont say no to some slab crappie. If its a nice spot , I'll be back for some bass in July.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks