Perchin' June 17 2012- Long!

Bassmaster

Well the plan was to do some fishing with dad today however that didn't happen for whatever reason but anyhoooo what I saw today was a first.

Decided to head east to see if the perchies were around, figured I'd try and get a few hours in before "impending storm" this afternoon.

Anyway I got one decent white perch right off the bat and after that it was pretty quiet, however I noticed these 3 guys down in the corner from me were just laying a number on them.

On the other side of me was a young boy maybe 6 years old, he was trying to fish with his father and grandfather but the lad wasn't having much luck, in fact he was doing things all wrong and he wasn't getting much instruction at all.

It was one of those situations where I thought it best to keep my nose out of it even though every fibre of me wanted to teach him pier "etiquette" and the like.

Near the end of the morning, the boy in question along with his father walked down to where I was and where the 3 guys were. Well the one guy looked at his presentation and said " yer never gonna catch anything here with that.. you need live bait!"

So the boy was given a minnow and within maybe 6 minutes his little rod buckled over and he landed a chuncky white perch. The grin on his face was just priceless.. he walked up and down the pier parading this fish like he'd won the Stanley Cup! :D

As far as my outing goes.. I came away with maybe 8 decent fish in the bucket.. bite died off around 11:30.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks