Perch Sunday Sept. 11

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
Nice late summer weather and I was jonesing for some perch fishing. Big Dave had the boat at the beach at Long Point and offered to take me and some guys out. With awesome catches reported last weekend and great weather conditions early, we didn't hesitate to wade out today.

We weren't disappointed. The bite was hot from the time the first line went in around 8:45 until about 10:00. We bagged a 175 fish limit before noon. One conservation-minded (or cheapskate?) member of the crew didn't have the full ticket. We had a few boats fishing close, including some posters here, and they were doing well too. Fish were smaller today than the mid-summer monsters we had caught on earlier trips, but these fish were ideal for the table with most in the 8-10" range with enough jumbos thrown in to keep it interesting.

Another banner minnow-dunking trip!

A couple of pictures:

SDC11815-1.jpg

SDC11817-1.jpg

175 is still a great catch----WTG guys:)

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Glad to meet you Stomp in what we all love to do. Nice picture of us fishing in action. Im sure we will meet again.

Jim

Hey likewise Jim! Doesn't get much better than what we had out there today!

quote:
Originally posted by Three Bouys

Glad to meet you Stomp in what we all love to do. Nice picture of us fishing in action. Im sure we will meet again.

Jim

Setting the hook on a limit of perch never get's old, great fishing Stomp

Brian (Legend Man)

Hey Stomp is the shoreline behind you Long point?Or is it hastings?I would like to try fishing there sometime in the future.I've only fished the bay, Burwell and one time this yr. at Bruce.Great pic of you doing the surgical removal of the hook.We should all be delicate with removing hooks,especially with the throw backs.Great catch today guys,I managed 22 keepers at ec8 today and 100 throw backs.

Nice late season perching Stomp8D
I take it it was in the area of your summer trip?
Amazing how good the Erie perch fishery is.

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Hey Robn,

That ain't me... that guy is much older (and uglier:p)...

It's the lake side of Long Point.

Not many throwbacks on that side as they are coming up from too deep. The 'surgeon' was having some trouble getting the hook out of that particular fish.

quote:
Originally posted by stomp

It's the lake side of Long Point.

Not many throwbacks on that side as they are coming up from too deep. The 'surgeon' was having some trouble getting the hook out of that particular fish.

Where would you launch on the lake side of LP?

Thanks Stomp,I hope I didn't insult you sir with the "looks" thing.Next year I will make the trip from port burwell to fish your's and big daves fishing grounds.I thought that was long point I saw in the background.8D

We were also out with BIG DAVE sunday.
It was early afternoon and the weather did not
look good.Bite was slow and thunder changed our thinking..
Good call Big Dave.
Thanks for the ride.
The AKERS Gang..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks