Perch & Pike - Inner Bay - Monday, May 9th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
We searched the Inner Bay for over an hour but failed to locate any perch.
We successfully fished for Pike catching 12 from 3 to 6 pounds in 4 hours. I added a photo of Albert with a SM Bass. The bass were also fairly active. Water temps were 55-57 degrees F. Most of the pike were about 4 pounds and were scattered in the deeper weedy parts of the Inner Bay. 2 anglers/rods x 4 hours. Conditions should be close to perfect for the LPBAA Pike Tournament on Saturday.

AlbertPike050911.jpg

AlbertBass050911.jpg

Jimmy took Allen and I out for some quick Perch Fishing after the store closed tonight. We fished 4 feet of water in front of the Provincial Park. Had a blast, kept about 40 nice ones, and the odd smaller one that wasn't going to make it, tossed back about 20 smaller ones. Great way to enjoy this sunny day. We only fished from 6:00 to 6:30. Allen was done Perch fishing, he wanted to go for Pike....looks like next time we'll be after some Pike!

Stef Carroll

Great to hear Stef! Albert and I have that area on our check list. We stopped and asked the only boat fishing out there if there was any activity and they said none, so we moved on. I'll check myself next time. Thanks for the info!
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy Riggin

Jimmy took Allen and I out for some quick Perch Fishing after the store closed tonight. We fished 4 feet of water in front of the Provincial Park. Had a blast, kept about 40 nice ones, and the odd smaller one that wasn't going to make it, tossed back about 20 smaller ones. Great way to enjoy this sunny day. We only fished from 6:00 to 6:30. Allen was done Perch fishing, he wanted to go for Pike....looks like next time we'll be after some Pike!

Stef Carroll

fished in front of the park but too deep obviously.
3 keepers 10-13 inches
roamed around, finally hit a hot spot, 6.2 feet off booths harbour,
ended up with 52 keepers, 3 anglers, 9-13 inches, tons of little ones, with larger ones intermixed
A big thank you for Jimmy for the generous amount of minnows
we had fun
go get'em

Duck - you are living the dream my friend! I was driving to Guelph for a meeting yesterday morning, wishing I was out in the boat instead. Not sure when I'll have another chance to get down there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks