Perch - North Shore - Monday, July 4th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
One word can describe perching in Long Point Bay this season and that word is "difficult". Albert, John and I spent 3.5 hours searching for a decent bite. We caught a few here, a few there, but in the end couldn't put anything worthwhile together. Included were Normandale, Port Ryerse and Woolleys Point. We caught 16 keepers 8" to 12" in total. Water surface temperatures ranged from 60.2 to 62.6 degrees F and that is a big part of the problem. Normal would be 68 to 76 F. The normal warm water is 10 miles off shore because of all these NW winds.

Well Arnie,

this should only tell you one thing my friend - go big, go for eyes, forget the perch ;-)8D:)

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

That's a hard day of perchin. I thought they were killing them at normandale?
Got to agree with Emil "go big, go for eye's". I might try Burwell tomorrow if I can get away for a few hour's.

Brian (Legend Man)

quote:
Originally posted by Duck Soup

One word can describe perching in Long Point Bay this season and that word is "difficult". Albert, John and I spent 3.5 hours searching for a decent bite. We caught a few here, a few there, but in the end couldn't put anything worthwhile together. Included were Normandale, Port Ryerse and Woolleys Point. We caught 16 keepers 8" to 12" in total.

Big Dave has the solution to your concern:D

While boaters have been knocking em off pretty good---pier fisherman are having a real tough time this year (my opinion).

Havent bothered with Dover lately, prob give up on it for this year and concentrate on Bruce.

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

It's really weird, Duck, because there was a big school of them at Normandale yesterday ( I put the wrong date on my post ). But, before we went to Normandale, we spent 45 minutes at Pottohawk and couldn't catch a keeper and then I see that "perchfillets" and his buddies caught 157 of them there yesterday! Perhaps timing is as, or more, important than location?

Yeah packrat, Big Dave and all the folk who are equiped and also have access to the south beach seem to be doing great. I do have friends with property on Hastings but would need a smaller boat on rollers to launch there. Going to Burwell is easier.
quote]Originally posted by packrat

quote:
Originally posted by Duck Soup

One word can describe perching in Long Point Bay this season and that word is "difficult". Albert, John and I spent 3.5 hours searching for a decent bite. We caught a few here, a few there, but in the end couldn't put anything worthwhile together. Included were Normandale, Port Ryerse and Woolleys Point. We caught 16 keepers 8" to 12" in total.

Big Dave has the solution to your concern:D

While boaters have been knocking em off pretty good---pier fisherman are having a real tough time this year (my opinion).

Havent bothered with Dover lately, prob give up on it for this year and concentrate on Bruce.

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Yeah Canvasbacksca, finding them while you are actively fishing is the key so far this season....they simply will not hold in 60 degree water if warmer water is available.
.http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/glcfs.php?lake=e&ext=swt&type=N&hr=00
quote:
Originally posted by canvasbacksca

It's really weird, Duck, because there was a big school of them at Normandale yesterday ( I put the wrong date on my post ). But, before we went to Normandale, we spent 45 minutes at Pottohawk and couldn't catch a keeper and then I see that "perchfillets" and his buddies caught 157 of them there yesterday! Perhaps timing is as, or more, important than location?

Canvasback and Duck: there's not much more knowledge on the lake than you guys have! All my years of fishing leads me to think, yes, they do have tails! (for you guys that don't get this, they swim)
Tight Lines :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks