Perch - Inner Bay - Saturday, May 21st

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I had heard that the perch were biting at just about every place they normally do this time of year but being conservative, I headed back to the last place I knew they were biting for sure. We fished in 5.5 fow off the Long Point Provincial Park boat ramp. The area wasn't nearly as good as last Friday but three of us managed to catch 56 keepers to 12-3/4 inches. About 50 were 8" or over but we had the usual 1/2 dozen dinks we kept because they were injured. We fished for about 4 hours so we worked for them. No pictures.....happy there was no fog or rain....the wind did come up and kind of spoiled what could have been a peach of a day.

Finally took the boat down for the season today with my son and father, and fished in the same area as you, Duck. Fished from 10:30-1, 48 perch a large rock bass (my dad wanted it), and a 27" pike (great fillets on them too!). Just finished a massive perch dinner...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....perch!!!!
Bring on summer on the Bay! :)
Ken

"Do or do not; there is no 'try'".
-Yoda

We were a bit closer to the old cut there and non stop action the whole time from 1-5pm. Half a dozen 10"+ and the rest were smaller. Couldn't keep the little dinks off but a lot of fun to be out there again. Welcome summer!

Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!

My wife and son and i were fishing just outside old cut Along with alot of others . Caught a pile of perch kept about 30 .My son caught his biggest perch yet 14" and 1 lb and 6ozs . It was good day out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks