Perch fishing

JIGGIN

just got my first boat this year and was wondering when we can expect to starting get a few perch out of bruce/burwell??

and just looking at the sanctuary map, is it even worth going to long point before bass season if that entire section is close off till bass season, just looking for some advice, it is quite the trek up.

thanks guys,

There is a lot of bay to fish before the sanctuary starts. Once half the bay is closed to fishing, perch can be found on the other side of Pottahawk and out at Bluffs Bar. As for Erie, get out and give it a shot, weather permitting, you never know when you will run into a school of jumbos.

Have not heard of anyone out of bruce yet.....only live 15 min away....should be soon though with the nice weather starting

Barry I'm far from a expert but I would think the perch will be in close this early I have always had good days just off the cliffs in 16-20 FOW in burwell.

Shawnsavitar_psd-1-1.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods and The Rod Glove for their support

hey barry, where did you launch on the 2nd? I was thinking of trying out of brucw as soon as wind plays nice.

this is true for burwell , but out of bruce the first fish are usually caught in 35 to 45 feet of water..

barry chilcott

Hey Barry,Where did you launch in port bruce?

Fisherman, are there launches open in port stanley, and does the bait shop have minnows? Were you by the pumping station in 35' ? Thx guys

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks