Perch/Bass - North Shore - Saturday, July 30th

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Perfect morning to fish the north shore....sunny, light NW breeze and not too warm.
Others had already found the fish between Normandale and Port Ryerse when we arrived sometime around 9:00 am. It was great....we ended up with 32 keeper perch to 13", estimate we caught and released 24 SM Bass, most if not all under 2 pounds and caught and released all but 5 of about 36 rock bass, some of which were huge. Guessing the three of us fished for 3 hours.
Our objective was to enjoy ourselves, catch a few fish, have enough to eat but not end up with too many. Mission accomplished!

Sounds like a nice day Arnie.....Oh ya and Rockies are sooooooo.......Yummmmmmy;)

Brian (Legend Man)

Mission accomplished indeed Arnie----32 is a nice easy # to clean.

Enjoy!!!!

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Canvasbacksca, Albert caught by far the most SM and Rock Bass using a small spinner bait and minnow. I'm sure he had a fish every cast for the first half hour. I switched to a pickerel rig and caught some bass but estimate 50% perch. I caught far fewer fish than did Albert. John was using the drop shot method and wasn't doing as well...probably because his hook was too low. I was catching most of my fish on the top hook of the pickerel rig. Some boats did really well on perch...we were in 14-15 fow and they were in about 12-13 fow. We ran out of minnows in any case and were not interested in keeping a lot of fish, so we didn't move.
quote:
Originally posted by canvasbacksca

Sounds great, Duck! Were you catching the bass on the same "rig" that you were using for perch?

Nicely done! We haven't been down there in quite some time - was up north first week of July, then boat out of commission for the past couple weeks as I await some parts for the trailer (still waiting...).

Did get out fishing with my boy in the canoe the past 2 Saturdays though; much closer to home and did very well. Yesterday we caught 15 smallmouth over the course of the day; 10 of which were 16+ inches. So not bad for only a 5-minute drive!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks