Perch after ice out

@Wave Runner I love small mouth and largemouth!
I find large mouth to be bit sweeter then smallies even! Mmmmm basss!
So if rockbass is even sweeter then I look forward to trying it!

@Wave Runner up until about 10 or so years ago I didn’t even know perch was a good fish to eat
I was used to fishing up north with my Uncle we would always throw the perch back so I was under the impression the only fish good to eat was PICKEREL

the. My friend took me out perch fishing on Lake Erie for the first time with his dad.
first I had no clue perch got that big! Then when we went home for the perch fry I was amazed out how Delish they were!
So a few years later when I got the opportunity to buy a boat I did.

which lead me to searching the Internet for perch fishing information. In my search I came across @stomp Long Point Page.

and here I am today spending too much time on the Internet! Hahah time well spent in my books

@Derkd9... I like perch & walleye as well as other panfish but my favorite is Northern Pike. The ones we caught from the cold rock bottom lakes and rivers when moose hunting beat the walleye from the same waters. They were always fat and firm with orangy coloured meat unlike the ones from southern Ontario. Everyone we brought into camp over the years I would fry up both walleye and Pike for them. We would blind fold them first then let them try a piece of each then let them choose which tasted the best. Every single time they chose the Pike over the walleye. 👍🙂

Last edited:
@Derkd9... I like perch & walleye as well as other panfish but my favorite is Northern Pike. The ones we caught from the cold rock bottom lakes and rivers when moose hunting beat the walleye from the same waters. They were always fat and firm with orangy coloured meat unlike the ones from southern Ontario. Everyone we brought into camp over the years I would fry up both walleye and Pike for them. We would blind fold them first then let them try a piece of each then let them choose which tasted the best. Everytime single time they chose the Pike over the walleye. 👍🙂
The naturally occurring mercury, copper, and iron from the Canadian shield adds some colour ;)

...and no, the hydro lake fish are probably ok now -- they weren't but the mercury seems to subside: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/20442041.2017.1401702

I find the taste of large sunfish sweeter than perch and a nice rock bass any time of year the same as perch. Some Americans i meet years ago for Tennessee camping at the provincial park put me on to trying them.

This is from a old post
Not sure if anything has changed

n degrees
Latitude 42.684050
Longitude -80.308330

In deg-min
Latitude 42 41.04300
Longitude -80 18.49980

In deg-min-sec
Latitude 42 41 2.58
Longitude -80 18 29.99

Latitude will be in North measurements, & longitude will be in West measurements of course

It's on about 22' of water
I used to look for the road that lead up to the golf course (back road out of turkey point) and drive out to 22'

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks