Pelee Island

Duxbware

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Heading to Pelee with Family for a hunt this week. Been watching the wind and weather trying to plan for the worst. lol.

It looks to get really windy over the weekend. Does anybody happen know how strong of winds, or from what direction, will cause them cancel the Ferry?

It happened to us years ago, but I don't remember the wind strength etc, that Is the "no goer" for the ferry to make the run.

Thanks!

We went 2 weeks ago and the winds were gusting to 50kms from the SW and they still went. Had to hold the railing going down the stairs, the dog hated it….

Wow! That’s a lot higher than I thought they’d run it. Maybe this new ferry can handle more. Or your captain has bigger balls the one we had. Lol.

Wow! That’s a lot higher than I thought they’d run it. Maybe this new ferry can handle more. Or your captain has bigger balls the one we had. Lol.
Lol, it was rougher than I thought they would go in. It was dark and The windmills looked like flares going off

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks